Thread: Available vpsupd.exe files in avast are defective.

Available vpsupd.exe files in avast are defective.

i am using avast antivirus in windows 7 and came up with all the versions for an up gradation. to have a scan thoroughly, i made all the possible moves. but all the time when i tried the versions of my avast say for avast 4.8, 5 and also made use of 6, all of them appeared for me crashing all the way with "error extracting archive" when i was able to run them.

Re: Available vpsupd.exe files in avast are defective.

i suppose you should have the size of your update file as 31 MB and that's which works for Avast 5 & 6 version. If you are making use of 38 MB, i think it is suitable for Avast 4.8. therefore make an attempt for downloading the suitable updates for your current version.

from my side of view, I don't suppose that is a "permanent" or which is of constant size, so i don't think that those numbers shouldn't be taken as like a parameter. when you make a download ,that will rove to be the correct one for your avast specific version.

if suppose you are occurring with ha problem that the particular files seems to be defective, there is no need to worry. as it seems when you make a download from the particular website with which you are concerned, i can say that most of the files are of particular size and tend for easier downloading and faster processing. they also seem to be effective in removing all sorts of viruses from your system. but at the time when you find these particular files to be defective, for whichever reason, you require to perform a complete reinstall, you require to have an update file.

i want to say about the updated files that they occur in a specific size for different versions of avast. they seem to appear in this case, as 31 MB for lower versions and keep on increasing the size with newer versions. for example, i can say its 38 MB for avast % version and also the same for 6. but i can say that there is difference in the functioning of vast 5 and 6 updated files, and size does not matter in this case whether it being same or different. so the fact concludes that, these files get updated on a day once, so even if there was an error, it should not persists currently.

i want to say that there are problems with people regarding the downloading time of file. so i want to say them that those with the problem should make the step forward for downloading it, so that they are not faced with the problems sorting relating to this. those with a dial up internet connection, it will take around 3 hours for one file for me to download. Therefore, I would like to at least get confirmation that the people who update those files have seen this and insured that the error is gone before I try again.

the people who have made an update of those files which are suitable for their version are not known of any issue occurring with them.i think if you are having problems with these type of downloads, i think that you are encountered with a file getting corrupted at the time of download or can provide additional information regarding this that, the files are digitally signed and ensure of the case that the signature is valid to make an verification that the file is a complete one.

i think that you got problem with installation of the file. see to it that you had made a perfect installation of your file. if you find with your antivirus performing all the scans perfectly and detecting viruses, it could be the possibility that you made a proper installation, but if some problems persists, look into the removal of antivirus and have another re-installation of file and have an update of the antivirus. everything will work fine in your case.

• i can say that at the time of having a download of the setup.exe for Avast to perform reinstall, it includes one database. If you download the complete VPS once more currently, and make a reinstall of Avast next for some weeks later, the VPS is also "old".
    • later to the re-installation of Avast, you should reboot quickly. later to the reboot and after having connection established to Internet, Avast will make an attempt to update the VPS. If you follow your previous intention, you are downloading the VPS 3 more times later.therefore I may say that you have no "real" reason to make a download of the entire VPS this time.

i would say that making use of dial up, you download some KBs of data in each definitions update, which i think more suitable for using dial up type of connection. If you occur to have some kind of download issue with such little download, then downloading the complete VPS is going to be difficult.

problems occur at the time when it takes generally more hours to have a particular download. but i can say hear that the connection you may be having seems to be slow at that time and therefore the time taken is more. if you try at the time when you are receiving maximum speed, i can say that the time taken will be less as compared to that of the previous one. i can make a suggestion for Avast that it should distribute the file on Bittorrent so that all are able to download it always with no corruption existing.