Thread: No update for AD-AWARE Total Security

No update for AD-AWARE Total Security

I am currently using the AD-AWARE Total Security on my computer. i have got few updates after the installation. The update was regular, i mean daily. Now from the past one week i am not getting any kind of update to this program. My friend who is using the same software telling me that he is keep on getting update. I dont know whether we are using 2 different types of programs but generally both looks same. What is it?

Re: No update for AD-AWARE Total Security

I will just re-check this information. I have I allowed the program and add to the Ad-aware firewall, but after connecting ad-aware always shows the same remark, error recovery BEYOND update.

I had the same problem there already for a while, but I think I have sent a request for assistance at the site of Ad-aware. I do not remember exactly the procedure followed but it works.

Lavasoft has released an update to version 9.0 Ad-Aware. This antispyware program malware and suspicious cookie detection and removal, and now includes an antivirus function. Ad-Aware Free is available in two flavors, Pro and Total Security. The Pro version should include improved real-time protection and has the ability to remove rootkits. Total Security, finally, has a lot of extras, including a firewall and spam protection, can make backups and optimize your PC.

Yes, I have installed the latest version of Ad-aware, I even disconnected my firewall temporarily. If not in software, I have: spybot, tuneup utilities 2006 and antivirus AVK Gdata Security 2006. At the end of the update ad-aware shows me:

"Unable to read the definition file downloaded. Retry the update"?

I had Ad-Aware thoroughly removed some time ago (because I was annoying and also become redundant), but I was just checking to actually have a residual Ad-Aware startup item. (Ad-Watch was that if I'm not mistaken. Muteness sake, I do not remember. Just maybe it could have been ThreatWork.)This item was indeed no longer active, because I already had it disabled the automatic startup, but still, it was not allowed to stay behind after uninstalling Ad-Aware. I have Ad-Aware startup entry is now removed by CCleaner. That's neat.