Thread: AD-AWARE Total Security startup settings

AD-AWARE Total Security startup settings

I have installed the Ad aware 9.6 on my Windows 7. I have thought that the Ad aware starts up alongside with Windows. But it looks somewhat different. For the startup i didn't see any settings or anything inside that. So i am not sure it is really running in my computer as background app or not. How can i find out it?

Re: AD-AWARE Total Security startup settings

It seems to me that you are using the Ad aware for the first time. If you have already used it before then you might have know about it well. As far as i know that there is an icon. You need to find out whether it is in Active state or not in system tray. when the icon is in active state you can see the red shield and some yellow colored line on it, if so, then assume that it is still running.

Additional features available in this category include scheduling updates the database (as fast as one hour) and the configuration of the frequency of automatic analysis system. Regarding the latter, allowing you to choose your own location you want to analyze (local volumes, memory and login programs or specific files and folders). It also lets you select the engine you want to use, the reaction you have when it detects a threat and the user account (if available network drives on your computer will also have to be analyzed, but will require authorization).

All layers of protection provided by the antivirus engine and antipishing has been great success rates. Anti-spam will be the best when dealing with Microsoft mail programs and the firewall program which does not let any vulnerability. The parental control, even very simple and very effective.

It is not necessary for the Windows 7 shows the icon on the system tray. I even dont know does the Windows 7 capable to show that icon there. To check by yourself you should open the Task manager and then the Process Tab and in that you can search AAWService or AAWTray. If it is there, then assume that it runs at start and it is still running in background.