Thread: Wireless network certificate not found error

Wireless network certificate not found error

My Gateway 4540 notebook worked fine untill recently directly to a Cisco wireless router but now it gives the error "a certificate is not found to log on to the wireless network.
    I have made no hardware changes. It does find the network but says it is validating but never will go any farther.
    The wired network works fine if I try it with a cable.
    The Cisco router does not have a USB port so the automatic setup is not an option.

Re: certificate not found

Try this simple solution. Hope this can help you out. First right click on the wireless network icon in the system tray. Then select the last option open network connections. In the right side under related tab choose Change Advance settings. Then go to Wireless Networks and select your Wireless connection from the box then click on Properties. Go to Authentication and uncheck the option of Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network. Restart your system and now retry to connect.

Re: Wireless network certificate not found error

1. Right-click the wireless network connection icon in the notification area, and then click View Available Wireless Networks. For more information, see Notes.
    2. Under Related Tasks, click Change the order of preferred networks.
    3. On the Wireless Networks tab, under Preferred networks, click the wireless network connection for which you want to configure 802.1X authentication, and then click Properties.
    4. On the Authentication tab, do the following:

You need to disable IEEE 802.1X authentication for this connection, clear the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network check box.

I tried it but the same thing happens.
    I have 5 bars on the connection so plenty of strength and it obviously is making the connection and says it is connected. It just will not go beyond the no certification error and "authenticating".
    I have worked on computers for years even teaching CAD for 12 years but at my own admission I am very weak in networking. My network is working fine between the 6 computers including the notebook on hard wire but just can't get the notebook on wireless.
    It did work when I first bought it and I have made no changes. It just decided to quit working.

In most of the cases the reply given by Snake08 works. Simply disabling the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication the wireless network starts working. Second thing you can do is update your routers drivers. Get the latest drivers from the official site and install it. This can resolve the issue of security certificates. Other wise contact Cisco for technical support.

Worked for me. Save $20 for a wireless N USB & get a Netgear EVAW111 for the digital entertainer. Install the WPN111 drivers and away you go. I'm at 240 Mbps. Sure beats 54Mbps. Needed the 802.1x fix to seal the deal.

It is working. Thanks for the help.

I am having a similar problem. I got a new computer and when going on for the first time it picked up my wireless router and asked for my certification authentication. I must have typed the numbers wrong and since then I get the notice that it cannot find my certification to log on but I cannot find out where I find the dialogue box anywhere to re-enter the code correctly. It seems like it only came up once and not any more. Where do I look?

Thank you very much..it resolved my problem...Now im involved

Quote Originally Posted by Snake08 View Post
    1. Right-click the wireless network connection icon in the notification area, and then click View Available Wireless Networks. For more information, see Notes.
    2. Under Related Tasks, click Change the order of preferred networks.
    3. On the Wireless Networks tab, under Preferred networks, click the wireless network connection for which you want to configure 802.1X authentication, and then click Properties.
    4. On the Authentication tab, do the following:

You need to disable IEEE 802.1X authentication for this connection, clear the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network check box.
    Snake
    I CANNOT thank you enough for your help.
    YOU ROCK BROTHER.....Merry Christmas!!!!