Thread: is this a browser virus ?

is this a browser virus ?

HI, i have a dell inspiron machine running windows 7 and i have installed multiple browsers, that i use for the browsing the internet.

See i have noticed some symptoms with the browser, so see guys please assist me whether this is a virus or something else is going on.

• - IE aimlessly gets started, I go to task bar and close it and it starts again, quite annoying.

• - erratically plays sound

• - Takes me to haphazard sites while i press on links. doesn’t matter which browser i am using . chrome, firefox.

• - Something happened to all my start button shortcuts. it always seems empty.

Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: is this a browser virus ?

It is quite difficult what exactly happening to your machine but still it would be better if you attach a LOG files over here so that i could understand the problem properly in your machine and can provide you some sort of solution as well for the same.

it seems like your machine must be infected with various malware or by the Trojan, because see if there could be any virus in the software then it should affect the internal file system in the machine but as you can also see as you are getting all the problems regarding the browser only. Thus it would be better if you simply install any good malware remover in your machine and see what you are getting with the same. Because see if there will be any such malware installed then it will be removed for sure.

And after that i would like to recommend you that you should try to install the Norton internet security in your machine, because the thing that i like about the antivirus software is, it just not only provide security to the computer rather provide a shield against the internet malwares as well.

Though i am agree with the above user but still can you please let me know have you ever tried reinstalling the browser in your machine? because it might be possible as there could be some problem with the browser you are using. Thus according to me it would be better if you simply get the browser reinstalled in your machine and see whether you are getting any variation or not, and if so then surely this could be because of some malware.

Though i am agree with the above user but still can you please let me know have you ever tried reinstalling the browser in your machine? because it might be possible as there could be some problem with the browser you are using. Thus according to me it would be better if you simply get the browser reinstalled in your machine and see whether you are getting any variation or not, and if so then surely this could be because of some malware.
    Yeah i have already done that, have tried reinstalling almost all the browser but still having same problem.

In fact yesterday i just disable the IE in the machine and again reinstalled all the browser but still i am getting the same result. I am not able to figure out what could be the problem, any more suggestion left?

i think you should try to approach a good engineer and be aware about the problems you are having in your machine.

i don’t think there could be some solution over here rather than reinstalling the whole windows once again in the machine, because see if there could any virus presented in the machine then it should be removed previously. Because i use to get viruses from the internet but they always used to get detected by the NIS (Norton internet security) itself.

thus it would be better if you get the windows reinstall in your machine, but still if you wanted to make some test over here then you can have option for the same, as you should try to simply restore the whole system to any particular system restore point and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.