Thread: BSOD with AVG File Server Edition

BSOD with AVG File Server Edition

– I have recently installed AVG File Server Edition 2012 in the machine and as the installation gets completely i prompted for rebooting the machine and when i done that, since i am getting an BSOD with the error code “0x0000007E”. don’t know what exactly this means, but when i was searching solution online i didn’t found any over internet as well. Anyways is there anybody having same problem with their machine? any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: BSOD with AVG File Server Edition

It would be better if you simply provide the BSOD crash dump to analyze what is happening exactly in your machine. Is there any possibility to repeat that scenario with turn on creating full memory dump ? thus Can you give at least a log files ?

It would be better if you simply provide the BSOD crash dump to analyze what is happening exactly in your machine. Is there any possibility to repeat that scenario with turn on creating full memory dump ? thus Can you give at least a log files ?
    Thanks for submitting the dump file, and while I was looking at the mini dump and it come into view that the collapse was caused by “tmcomm.sys’ process , which is a Trend Micro file. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to remove all remnants of TrendMicro. And after seeing this it seems like with the AVG antivirus system you have installed Trend Micro SysClean (System Cleaner) as well, so obviously this going to happen for sure. You can simply keep either this cleaner or that AVG antivirus in your machine, and one of them needs to be deleted.

Thanks for submitting the dump file, and while I was looking at the mini dump and it come into view that the collapse was caused by “tmcomm.sys’ process , which is a Trend Micro file. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to remove all remnants of TrendMicro. And after seeing this it seems like with the AVG antivirus system you have installed Trend Micro SysClean (System Cleaner) as well, so obviously this going to happen for sure. You can simply keep either this cleaner or that AVG antivirus in your machine, and one of them needs to be deleted.
    Hey thanks for the suggestion but when i was removing that it was stopped doing that and i am not able to get it uninstalled somehow, please let me know what could be the problem, or simply some solution for the same.

you should try to make use of any uninstaller in your laptop, because i don’t you’ll be able to uninstall those programs somehow without making use of any such software.

Hey thanks for the suggestion but when i was removing that it was stopped doing that and i am not able to get it uninstalled somehow, please let me know what could be the problem, or simply some solution for the same.
    Yeah you are right as once i was also having the same problem with the machine but after such huge approach i came to know that why exactly i was not able to get it uninstalled. See i have mentioned the steps through which you can simply uninstall that cleaner from your laptop.
    • - You need to reboot the machine in the safe mode

• - As you start the machine this way, open the “task manager” and from the process tab you have to terminate the process called “tmcomm.sys”.

• - As you kill the process you have to simply uninstall the software at time only.

• - Reboot the machine once again.

See i would always recommend everyone to not to use this product as there are sp many glitches with the same and that’s why i also used to use another one. in fact i would like to recommend you the same thing as if possible you should try to make use of another antivirus in the machine. anyways have you tried uninstalling? Because i have also seen many people having problem with the un installation as well.