Thread: Getting error while installing Ad-Aware 9.5

Getting error while installing Ad-Aware 9.5

I have windows 7 operating system in my computer and I am facing problem while installing Ad-Aware 9.5 in my computer. when I try to install the Ad-Aware 9.5 in my computer at that time I get this error Service 'Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service' could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services. What should I do to solve this issue?

Please help me with this.

Re: Getting error while installing Ad-Aware 9.5

In your computer are you installing the Ad-Aware 9.5 for first time or you were using previous version of the Ad-aware in your computer? if you are getting installing the Ad-Aware 9.5 as automatic (means though the automatic updates on previous version of Ad-aware) and getting error then I will suggest you to try to install the Ad-Aware 9.5 manually then check whether same problem is occurring or not.

Yes installing Ad-Aware 9.5 manually in your computer can be a solution for this issue. You have to first download the Ad-Aware 9.5 from the internet and after downloading the Ad-Aware 9.5 you have to go to the control panel and then you have to click on the uninstall program option and then you have to select the uninstall the previous version of the Ad-aware and after uninstalling that you have to reboot the computer and then you have to delete all the temp files and then you have to start installing the Ad-Aware 9.5 in your computer and you have to check whether you are getting the same error or not.

I think by trying the above solution your problem will get solved. If you still face any issues after that then let me know.

The error message which you are facing in your computer normally comes when you don’t have admin privileges. I think you should try to install the Ad-Aware 9.5 in your computer after login in as administrator and then when you try to install the Ad-Aware 9.5 in your computer at that time you will not face the same problem. I hope this information will be useful for you.

Yes I was also experiencing the same problem in my computer also and after that I have tried to search the solution on the internet and after trying the various solution also i was getting the same issue with the Ad-Aware 9.5. now after that my friends suggest me to run the installer file as administrator and then I have tried the same solution and after that I have right click on the Ad-Aware 9.5 installation file and then installation done successfully.

I think you should also try this solution and then your problem will surly get solved.

Well I have uninstalled the old version of the Ad-aware from my computer properly and I have also tried to solve this problem by installing the Ad-Aware 9.5 manually and after that also I get the same problem. Now that I have also tried to run the Ad-Aware 9.5 installer as administrator and after doing that also same problem occurred. Now please tell me what should I do solve this issue.

I have one solution to fix this problem. First you have to move the Ad-Aware95Install.msi file to the installer folder and then you have to try to install it and then it will get failed. Now you will find on the c drive there is a new folder created as AAWInstallerTemp it might be a hidden. Now you have to open this folder and then you will find the installer file in that folder also. Now try to install the Ad-aware from there and then it will get installed.

If you don’t know where is installer folder is located then you have to first open my computer and then open the C drive in your computer then you have to open the windows folder and then you will get the installer folder there. In this folder you have to move installer file.

I have solved this problem by referring your solution. First I have moved the installer file to the installer folder as you have said and then tried to install the ad-aware and it gets failed. Now after that I have open the AAWInstallerTemp folder and then I have tried to install the Ad-aware again and then it gets installed successfully. Thank you for helping me.