Thread: Right-click scan not working in Ad-Aware free v9.5.1

Right-click scan not working in Ad-Aware free v9.5.1

hey all, i have recently get the Ad-Aware free v9.5.1 malware detector and also let me tell you here that this is my first time to use this software. before this, i was using the MSE and now i am not using that. but with the Ad-Aware i am having some problem which is as, i am not able to use the scanning a file or directory using right-click. why this is happening to me ?? can here anyone suggest me some reasons for happening this this things to me?? i have also tried with the so many settings of that but still i get that i am not able to do that thing. if here anyone have the suggestion about this then please reply me back about this.

Re: Right-click scan not working in Ad-Aware free v9.5.1

ok, if you are getting this type of the problem then for that i will suggest you that you will need to try with the reinstalling the Ad-Aware. first try with the removing this completely from the system and after this, again installed this to you system. i am sure that at that time you will not get the problem related with this.

yes, i am also having the Ad-Aware free v9.5.1 malware detector in my system and with this, i am getting the same problem. and also i have tried with the reinstalling the Ad-Aware but nothing happens. what can i do now???

for doing that things, i will say you to try with the following steps which are as:-
    • first you will need to Stop and exit Ad-Aware by right-clicking its icon .
    • after this try with the starting the Task Manager and then >> Processes tab in Task Manager>> show processes for all users by clicking the button.
    • and if there you found any process as AAWService in Task Manager now?? if yes then reply me back...

yes, i tried with the all the things which you have suggested to me, and when i tried with the closed Ad-aware using the tray icon at that time i get no AAWService.exe in Task Mgr. but after this also i get that i am not able to use the right-clicking a file and let Ad-aware scan it will not work. what can i do now?? please suggest me for this now?? when i checked the menu at that time i get that i am able to use the right-click Scan with Ad-aware in the context menu but still i get that i am not able to use this feature. please help me for doing this. hope that now you will be able to help more in this case.

ok, if you are having this type of the problem then for that i will suggest you that you wil need to contact with the person at Lavasoft and they will try to find a possible reason, but here i would like to inform y0u that this will tale some time to help you.

ok if you are getting this type of the problem then for that reason i would like to see about the hat files that are located in the program folder of Ad-Aware. for that, i will suggest you to download the SystemLook on the desktop. you can download that from ::

SystemLook

when you will finished with the installation of this after this Double-click on SystemLook file to run it. and then you will need to copy the all lines in the box as::
    :dir
    "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware"

and then paste this thing to the big text field in SýstemLook. and when you finished with this after this click on the Look button to start the search. and then reply me about that results..

yesq, i tried with this and i get the resultrs as::

SystemLook 30.10.11by jpshortstuff
    Log created at 16:20 on 30.10.11
    Administrator - Elevation successful.
    what to do now??

dude, let me tell you here that this results means that you are not having Ad-Aware folder in the folder. for that reson you will need to make sure about the path of the Ad-Aware in the folder,. do you know where it is instal;led???? if not then you will need to contact with the Lavasoft and hope that they will help you in this case. try to get the suggestion for this. and reply here if you get the suggestion about this.

yes, i tried with the contacting with the Lavasoft, and i followed all the suggestion which they have told me. but still i am getting that still right-click scan is not working. what can i do now??

Hey dude, if you have done with the contacting with the Lavasoft and still you are not able to resolve this problem then for that i will suggest you to try with the above steps which i have suggested to you. yes, i know that you have tried with this and still you are getting the same problem. but i am sure that while trying with this all you have done some mistake. i a very sure about this because i have also tried with the same steps for the Right-click scan not working in Ad-Aware free v9.5.1 and after that i get that this start working fine for me. try again and i am sure that at this time you wil not get this problem again.