Thread: Need help with VLANs and Dell PowerConnect 6224

Need help with VLANs and Dell PowerConnect 6224

I have a Blade Chassis PowerConnect 5316M switches with two, in which setup a Vlan, Vlan ID = 3, with 4.5 ports and port 15 (external), all untagged. On the other hand I have a PowerConnect 6224 switch which also harmonized VLAN, ID = 3 with ports 17,18,19,20, also untagged. I want to connect both VLANs THROUGH port 15 for the PowerConnect 5316M and port 17 to connect a notebook on port 18. Ports 4 and 5 of the PowerConnect 5316M Blade servers fall into two PE1955. If you throw a ping from the laptop plugged into the port 18 to the PowerConnect 6224 / the Pe1955, fails. If I connect the laptop directly into the port 15 of PowerConnect 5316M comes correctly. Why may not both VLANs communicate?

Re: Need help with VLANs and Dell PowerConnect 6224

I have a Cisco-Linksys and created SRW248G4P vlan 2 (V1 and V2). Each VLAN is assigned its ports and Membership ACCESS mode = untagged. Well I want to do is assign the VLAN V1 to their mouths vlan subnet 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x subnet V2. The problem is that I find the entire menu, or by telnet, which set the dhcp for each vlan.

first of all you must see if your switch supports DHCP server, if so and if you have IOS (Interwork Opetaring System) for the cisco OS is very simple to configure, if not through a GUI (Graphic User Interface), first everything is a grave error to configure VLAN 1 on a Cisco switch because it is the default VLAN bring the Cisco Switch and would not be suitable for safety use this VLAN1 so I recommend you use one for your segments, and all connected to a switch port to be configured without this will give the Cisco VLAN1 as default VLAN. so if an unauthorized person would have access to your network segment would have set on the VLAN1. Once you assigned the IP blokes your VLAN must do is consider your DHCP server will kien, if the cisco switch supports this function and is a L3 Switch no problem, if you connect the Switch to a router or a server to make the function these DHCP and routing between VLANs if look between them.

I know what the port is concerned, one can configure VLAN tagged with truck mode, a VLAN tagged and untagged mode using multiple general and means of access only passes untagged traffic.You might consider trucking thus, the VLANs are tagged. I've never tried with the general way, but access mode and trunk work so great.

If PowerConnect 6224 does not support These L3 functions as you'll have connect to a router and the setup would be another server or would have a network card connected to the VLAN10 between ports 1 and 10 and another card in the same server to VLAN20 between ports 11 and 21 according to the settings, and create your DHCP server in your server and each vlan would go separately to each network card in your server.

The PowerConnect 6224 is one of the most advanced switch proposals Dell has advanced core switching for small and medium enterprises. This switch 24 port Gigabit Ethernet Layer 3, is stackable and presents alternatives for 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks and supports the protocol of the most recent edition of Internet, IPv6, which lets broader global scalability. The possibility of great performance stack supports up to twelve systems, and advanced security characteristics and quality of service which make this switch ideal for applications like a voice over IP.

The PowerConnect 6224 supports great performance stacking for up to twelve systems (all running at 48 Gbps), enabling superior performance while required without affecting network performance. Because all switch supporting up to 136 Gbps of switching capacity, the customer can have approximately 3 Terabytes of capacity in a single stack of 12 switches.

Need to know if this switch to configure a vlan so that a single switch port belongs to two different VLANs based on IP address to which they are intended. I've looked at is the operating instructions and put this: VLAN support. VLANs are parts of switching ports which includes a single broadcast domain. Packets are modified as belonging to a VLAN depends on VLAN tag or any mixture of the ingress port and packet contents. Packets sharing common attributes can be grouped in the similar VLAN.