Thread: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 not able to remove win32/autorun.ircbot worm

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 not able to remove win32/autorun.ircbot worm

Last week, I install ESET NOD32 version 5 Antivirus on my windows 7. Yesterday when I try to scan my system, it detects win32/autorun.ircbot worm onto it but it can’t able to remove this worm. I think this antivirus is being not able to remove this worm. When I restart my computer same problem occurs. Can anybody give me some idea how should I solve this problem? Thanks in advance for ant help.

Re: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 not able to remove win32/autorun.ircbot worm

First you need to stop Worm.Win32.AutoRun.cdlp related processes onto your windows 7 system. Press those three keys together CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Windows Task Manager. Inside this task manager, you need to hit the process tab. You can see the bot01.exe process onto it. just select this process and click on end process button. It will be remove on this process tab. You can found then that the worm is being not arriving onto your system. Try this on your windows 7 system.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese-R View Post
    First you need to stop Worm.Win32.AutoRun.cdlp related processes onto your windows 7 system. Press those three keys together CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Windows Task Manager. Inside this task manager, you need to hit the process tab. You can see the bot01.exe process onto it. just select this process and click on end process button. It will be remove on this process tab. You can found then that the worm is being not arriving onto your system. Try this on your windows 7 system.
    You need to get rid of Worm.Win32.AutoRun.cdlp related files with the help of run window. You can found this file and its appropriate locations with using this run window of windows 7. Then press Win+R button. It show you RUN window. Then type %AppData%\bot01.exe and %AppData%\data.dat onto it. press enter. After opening the location of file, remove this files with using shift+Del key. Try this and check what result arrives onto your system. This is well for your widnows 7 to remove this worm.

You can also remove this worm virus with the help of registry entries. Then go to this registry entry and found the Worm.Win32.AutoRun.cdlp related process. After finishing this process, you need to delete this file. It helps to avoid this worm during start up of the windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Samuel Salt View Post
    You can also remove this worm virus with the help of registry entries. Then go to this registry entry and found the Worm.Win32.AutoRun.cdlp related process. After finishing this process, you need to delete this file. It helps to avoid this worm during start up of the windows 7.
    Worm.Win32.AutoRun.cdlp is an Internet worm threat that tries to propagate over existing network vulnerability. Hence you need to use the real-time scanner for detecting this worm onto your windows 7. This is well for avoiding any such kind of worm from your hard disk. The real-time scan happens almost instantly in the background. ESET NOD32 Antivirus is help to use this scanning and remove any online as well as offline virus from such windows based system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugo View Post
    Worm.Win32.AutoRun.cdlp is an Internet worm threat that tries to propagate over existing network vulnerability. Hence you need to use the real-time scanner for detecting this worm onto your windows 7. This is well for avoiding any such kind of worm from your hard disk. The real-time scan happens almost instantly in the background. ESET NOD32 Antivirus is help to use this scanning and remove any online as well as offline virus from such windows based system.
    Endpoint protection is part of the corporate end of Symantec. You can also use Norton program instead of the NOD32 for solving this complex virus issue. Try this using NORTON and check what happen onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zared View Post
    Endpoint protection is part of the corporate end of Symantec. You can also use Norton program instead of the NOD32 for solving this complex virus issue. Try this using NORTON and check what happen onto it.
    Worm.Win32.AutoRun.cdlp is also capable to use a specific IRC server to capture data and send to remote attacker. Hence there is necessary to remove this virus very early. I would recommend Kaspersky's online scan, however it is currently down for maintenance. The online Kaspersky File Scanner checks single files less than 1Mb in size. If it found any such file, it immediately remove all this files which is infected by the virus. I know that you need to uninstall your previous antivirus and then clean install this antivirus but it is necessary to remove this virus on your win 7.

To completely purge Boxed from your computer, you need to delete the files, folders, and Windows registry keys. This is necessary in this antivirus system. You can do this with the help of virus information which is available on several third party sites. Use it and try to remove such virus related folder onto your windows 7. Then only you see that the virus is completely removed on your windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaF View Post
    To completely purge Boxed from your computer, you need to delete the files, folders, and Windows registry keys. This is necessary in this antivirus system. You can do this with the help of virus information which is available on several third party sites. Use it and try to remove such virus related folder onto your windows 7. Then only you see that the virus is completely removed on your windows 7.
    If you found any such file or folder, Select the file or folder and press SHIFT+Delete on the keyboard. Then select Yes option in the confirm deletion dialog box. It will be remove this files and folder completely on your system. It can’t arrive after using any other technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjork View Post
    If you found any such file or folder, Select the file or folder and press SHIFT+Delete on the keyboard. Then select Yes option in the confirm deletion dialog box. It will be remove this files and folder completely on your system. It can’t arrive after using any other technique.
    Win32.AutoRun is a worm that spreads via removable media. It copies itself into removable drive of the root folders. It automatically renamed this file to system.exe and hence if you found any such file onto your removable media, I recommend to you for remove it immediately. It is necessary to fix this complex issue. LINUX is most secured platform to do this virus removing task in proper manner.

Yes, I also suggest to you for use this process and remove this virus. But for your information these files will be launched each time user opens windows 7 folder using Windows Explorer. In that case, you can use any other antivirus such NOD32 or quick heal. This is well for you to fix this complicated trouble onto your system. Try this and check what happen onto it.