Thread: Eset NOD32 lock sata drives while using external drives

Eset NOD32 lock sata drives while using external drives

I install this ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 antivirus two days before on my Windows XP Pro SP3 and now I decided to uninstall this antivirus. The reason behind it is because it automatically turns out when we use a external enclosure. It also automatically locks up computer sata hard drive. I don’t know why this happen but I need to know that why this happen on my computer after installing this antivirus. Can anybody know more about it?

re: Eset NOD32 lock sata drives while using external drives

Same problem is arriving onto my computer system. After installing this antivirus, whenever I try to attach any USB drive with this system, it freezes immediately. I try it with so many USB pen drive but the same thing happen with it. I think the problem is inbuilt in this ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5. Manufacturer needs to fix this bug immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopooo View Post
    Same problem is arriving onto my computer system. After installing this antivirus, whenever I try to attach any USB drive with this system, it freezes immediately. I try it with so many USB pen drive but the same thing happen with it. I think the problem is inbuilt in this ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5. Manufacturer needs to fix this bug immediately.
    No and I used Eset on a Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 bit and XP Pro SP3 desktop. It works well for external USB drive and especially it connects with the external hard drive very well. There is not any single issue arriving onto it. Can you please check the USB drive you used is work well with the other USB drive? i think problem is in the hard drive and not the antivirus. Few times, it happens that the two conditions is being arriving onto the same time. Hence try this and check what happen onto your system.

I also faced same trouble and few articles also mention that this is bug still present on this antivirus. Few articles say that on an approximate month of when a update can be available to fix this. Hence I recommend to for wait for few days. After coming this antivirus update you definitely got the better solutions over this issue.

No release information has been given as of yet. I read so many articles about it but there is not such things present onto it. Hence I would be suggest to you that the go back to nod 4 antivirus. this is better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumathi View Post
    No release information has been given as of yet. I read so many articles about it but there is not such things present onto it. Hence I would be suggest to you that the go back to nod 4 antivirus. this is better for you.
    With ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5, you are protected at the highest level while you work online or exchange data between external and internal computing devices. During this time, such antivirus first scan the system is being available for protection purpose or not. If yes, then only your drive is connected to the system. Otherwise it freezes computer system. Then we need to reboot the system. Hence try to get more information about your drive that you used for this connectivity purpose. I hope that the bug is present in your hardware with the virus form and hence you need to first clean this virus with using safe mode.

Quote Originally Posted by TABLITA View Post
    With ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5, you are protected at the highest level while you work online or exchange data between external and internal computing devices. During this time, such antivirus first scan the system is being available for protection purpose or not. If yes, then only your drive is connected to the system. Otherwise it freezes computer system. Then we need to reboot the system. Hence try to get more information about your drive that you used for this connectivity purpose. I hope that the bug is present in your hardware with the virus form and hence you need to first clean this virus with using safe mode.
    Yes, I also agree that you need to clean this virus with the help of safe mode. Safe mode will be avoid any additional configuration of the system and running on basic configurations. Then connect your drive to this system in safe mode and after that try to clean the virus present in your drive with the help of command prompt. I think it is most critical virus. Hence antivirus is being also not able to clean it. there is no need to uninstall this antivirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelyn View Post
    Yes, I also agree that you need to clean this virus with the help of safe mode. Safe mode will be avoid any additional configuration of the system and running on basic configurations. Then connect your drive to this system in safe mode and after that try to clean the virus present in your drive with the help of command prompt. I think it is most critical virus. Hence antivirus is being also not able to clean it. there is no need to uninstall this antivirus.
    These problems occur only on Windows XP. You can try to install this antivirus on your windows 7 and check what happen. Such installing antivirus in windows 7 fixes your complex issue. Try this and check what happen onto it.

Same problem comes in my windows xp. Plugging in an USB HDD freezes the PC. Then I check the setting of the bios. I properly set the CMOS setting of the bios. It fixes issue and now there is no need to do any additional task onto it. I fix this issue and you can also do this task without doing any additional uninstall antivirus process.

i found this issue only happened on windows XP and hence I think there is necessary to use previous version of NOD 32 to your windows xp system. This is better for you. You can also check its more details on the official nod 32 site. Expert articles give you more information about this issue. Try this and check what happen onto it.