Thread: ESET Smart Security 5 Firewall keep blocking a website

ESET Smart Security 5 Firewall keep blocking a website

Just now upgraded to ESET Smart security 5. The problem is, Firewall thing in this problem blocking battlog website. Furthermore it is telling that 29.10.2011. 11:36:58 Detected covert channel exploit within ICMP packet 192.168.1.26 209.222.31.24 ICMP. Due to this I am not able to play the game. In order to play the Battlefield I need to disable the firewall every time. When it is disabled I am able to play the game properly. Is there any way or option where i can add the address thus firewall overlooks that website?

Re: ESET Smart Security 5 Firewall keep blocking a website

I encountered a similar problem: after a while of normal use in interactive mode (sharing enabled - thank you for the procedure Dorgan), the firewall in ESET Smart Security was blocking almost all Internet access. Only solution, turn it off. After trying several times the above procedure, I went in the configuration of zones and rules (in advanced configuration, rules and zone, zone editor and rules, configuration), and I deleted the existing rules ( 1 tab) and networks (2nd tab).

And then, miracle: automatic detection of network and interactive reconfiguration permissions, and everything works again.

For cons I did not understand why the problem occurred. I hope it will not appear again, and if so where and I'll try to pay attention to what can cause it.

When I go to my NOD32 antivirus and I go to "Configuration Personal Firewall" and when I click on switch to interactive filtering ca me but (Automatic Switch to automatic mode and my mule I walk my niquel green arrows.) But I'm not against the internet.

So when I return to my mod interactive internet works and the rest too.

I also have a problem conversant this firewall I configure as shown above, but cannot connect to Google on the Opera browser. Yet on Firefox no problem and as soon as I disable the firewall everything works fine.

You can block a program while (network connection / ports of the program) through the firewall, but does not prevent IMHO it is executed manually. Test would have to move it well in quarantine.

Why do not you simply use the standard tools of your operating system? Firstly, you can remove the Run under NTFS permissions from the ACLs.

If you have an artificially limited home version, you are missing, of course, the graphical front end, but at least the ACLs will work then. If you want to not use the command line tool cacls or Safe Mode, you can look Fajo install XP File Security Extension. The upgrade to the normally missing tab in the Properties dialog. If the value set in the registry security policies are not followed, I would be very surprised.

I think you were only two programs to access the network lock? You should therefore enable a maximum of two times this mode. If all this is too much, then make just two rules in one pass. You should however bear in mind that such access locks usually do not work reliably, as there are innumerable ways to circumvent them. So you have to expect that it does not work as expected.

The task of the firewall, the Internet security suites was conceivable simple: you should be in the home network services are not functioning, block barricade themselves into hostile environments, but at least as good as the Windows firewall - and to annoy or alarm messages without using demands. Plus they were able to collect points by the Skype release prisoners transferred into the barriers. Anyone who thinks that would be too trivial, is surprised in the following safe. None of the fee-based products passed this test without gross blunder.

This does it in every way - The default setting is to detect HTTP traffic on each port, this feature can be disabled by specifying that the application is not a browser.

ESET Smart Security configuration allows a more flexible rule of the firewall that Windows XP SP2. It also allows you to control outgoing traffic. In automatic mode, the difference is minimal, except for the IDS function, pirates and a few special attacks of worms. But, in interactive mode, allows the administration of comprehensive configurations. Firewall ESET Smart Security is working much more closely with the NOD32 engine for more efficiency and better performance.