Thread: Has Web protection removed from ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5?

Has Web protection removed from ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5?

I am using ESET NOD32 Antivirus form the last few years and now I have updated to the latest version 5. Instead of this, I never use anti-spam / firewall in the smart security products. As I remember in the V4 there is advanced setup dialog which was having various options to control HTTP/HTTPS scanning. But now in the version 5, I see that this is only having Web and Email protection enabled in the main screen but when I see in the advanced options there I see no options for web protocols,. So can here anyone tell me that Has Web protection removed from ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5?? Please reply me back for this.

Re: Has Web protection removed from ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5?

No dude, I will say you that this is not been removed form the version 5. You can get this setting under web-mail settings menu. Try to check that thing and I am sure that you will get this from there. And if there also you will not get this setting then reply me back that have you do a clean install, or did you install the Beta over the old one??? I am asking you this all things because, if you have done the install on top then you will need to try with doing the fresh install again. And I am sure that you will not get this type of the problem over there again.

Here in this case, I will say that I did have messed up installation. When I get the new of the new release of the version 5 then I downloaded this and then I installed that over the top of version 4 antivirus. And after this installation I get that this has started giving me the warning that I am not having the right license and then I need to download the version 5 and then I install this. After getting your suggestion now i will try with the uninstalling this and then I will try with the fresh installation. Hope that at this time, I will get the whole features of this. And thanks for replying me about this all things. if this also not helped me then I am thinking that now I would try with the using the version 4 only.

Hey friends, I am also having the same problem and for getting resolve this I tried with uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing of the ESET NOD32 and there I get that protocol scanning options are now back in the advanced config. Thanks for that suggestion.

If after trying with this all, also you not get the proper setting then for that I will say to you that are there firewall program you are using in your system? If yes, then you will need to uninstalling both nod32 and that firewall and after this uninstallation, install the ESET nod32 only not that firewall program. And see the option. Hope that there you will get the options to control HTTP/HTTPS scanning. Try with this and then reply me back about this.

Yes, I finished with the uninstallation and after that I tyr with the installing the ESET nod32 only not the firewall with this. And now I get that my problem seems to have resolve. Thanks for that suggestion.