Thread: HIPS Automatic Mode for ESET Smart Security 5

HIPS Automatic Mode for ESET Smart Security 5

Hey all, I have tested with the ESET Smart Security final version 5. While I am trying with that I get that after checking the 30 Links with HIPS in interactive mode, I get that results as zero. And when I try the same things with Hips in automatic mode at that time I get that the results is as:

Why this happens only with the Hips in automatic mode?? Why not in the interactive mode?? Please reply me back about this.

Re: HIPS Automatic Mode for ESET Smart Security 5

Friend, I would like to say to you here that this feature is for preventing unauthorized changes in your system. And you are getting this type of the changes only because of I think that you have not created rules for unauthorized such changes. I have seen that ESET have told about the HIPS mode that this is only feature is for preventing unauthorized changes in system.

Hey dude, I can say to you here that automatic heuristic detections will help you to block a large quantity of malware out there even faster than on-execution technologies. I am very sure about this, because I have already tried with this thing and only for that reason I am telling this to you. And also I have tried with the Hips of Comodo in automatic mode but with that I didn’t found this type of the security with that. I also not have get the proper idea about this that why HIPs in automatic mode do better. I am sure that ESET developers will have the suggestion about this. Of here also anyone know the main reason for that then please reply me back about this.

I would like to say to you all that the automatic heuristic detections can helps us to block the large quantity of malware out. I am also using the ESET smart security version 5. But now I came here to tell you that right now the HIPS wont do much in automatic mode, and this change with the module updates. Why this happens?? Please reply me back about this if anyone have the suggestion.

For that reason I will say you that the auto mode in the ESETs Hips id really very confusing terminology. So for that I will suggest you that you will need to be careful. And according to the Average users, I can say that the auto mode means that ESET uses some information and rules and for that reason it helps to detect more malware from the system. I have also used the other Hips solution but this is an illusion in ESETs case. And if you are thinking that why you get more good results in the Auto mode in ESETs Hips, than for that I will tell you that the Auto mode in ESETs Hips allows all except manually defined deny rules and for that reason this gets the good results. And also in the automatic mode, it uses the default setting for that reason the setting is as HIPS=auto mode and no default deny rules existing which means that no working HIPS, the same results as without HIPS, and no additional protection.

If here you need to see you for some test cases then for that I will suggest you to try as:

• Enable logging of all deny actions and execute what you want. Except self-defense messages there will be nothing.
    • Or: disable realtime protection and enable HIPS only. Play with malware - all will pass.
    • or: do some leaktests: CLT on Win7x86 with ESET HIPS in automode 150/340.

Hey friends, but I am not agree with the statement which is given in the abpove post. I will say that in the automatic mode, set of default rules protecting crucial files is used and for that reason only, we all get that this is giving the good results.

For your information, I will say that Malware Defender Hips helps to scan the more system activities than ESETS and also for this I will say that this is more user friendly. And also with this, you can also define rule groups and this one has user defined presets. I am telling this all things because I am using this one, for you I will say that try to use this one, I am sure that you will be happy to use this.

According to my suggestion, I will say here that the HIPS of Comodo work pretty good when this is run in the automatic mode. And I think that this happens because this uses allow all rules. I am having Comodo ,Outpost, Online Armor, and I am really very happy with this. And recently I have got the news that say that Comodo is trying to make hips more automatic for the masses. Hope that they will do this thing soon. I was using ESET and I get that the ESET is the same kind like Malware Defender, and also so many of the people are saying this thing.

Hey all thanks for your response for this case. Before this, I was thinking that why this got more results in the auto mode. I will try with using the HIPS of Comodo and see if this effects more.

Yes, I am sure that this will really affects your system. Try with that, I am telling this because I am also using the same things and also I am getting good response from this. Try with the HIPS of Comodo and I am sure that you will be really very happy with that.