Thread: ESET Smart Security v5.0.84 with Microsoft office 2007/2010

ESET Smart Security v5.0.84 with Microsoft office 2007/2010

Hey all, I have got one problem relate to the ESET Smart Security v5.0.84. And I get the problem related with that when I am trying to install the Office 2007 Suite on my desktop PC. When I am trying to install at that time I get that this is showing error as only one setup instance can be runned at the same time. And also when I am trying to install the Office Home and Student 2010 at that time I get that it is also saying the same message. And this problem occurs only with the ESET Smart Security 5, and I am very sure about this because when I am trying the same thing with the version 4, this error not appears over there. Can here anyone suggest me some suggestion about this?? What can I do about this??

Re: ESET Smart Security v5.0.84 with Microsoft office 2007/2010

Yes, I was also having this type of the problem. I get this when I trying to install the Office 2007 and I get the same error message. And for resolving this, I try with uninstalling the ESET Smart Security v5 and after this I installed the Office 2007, it happens success fully. After this, installation finished, I reinstalled the ESET Smart Security v5 and now, all things are working very fine. For you also, I will say to try with the same, I am sure that there you will not get the problem.

Ok dude, I agree with your suggestion. But if I try with the uninstalling the ESET Smart Security v5 and after this I install the Office 2007, then there will be chances for getting infected with the virus. And I am sure about this. If you are having any setting in the ESET Smart Security v5 which can help to disable this features then please reply m back about that.

Hey friends, I have also tried with this type of the installation and for your information, I would like to say that there are not at all chances to get infected by the virus after the installation of any software if that software is clean. I was also get this type of the problem and for resolving this I also tried with the uninstalling with the ESET Smart Security v5 and after this I installed the office 2010, and then I reinstalled the ESET Smart Security v5. Now I can see that all things are running without any problem and there is not any virus infection also after the office 2010, installation. If you are thinking that this will cause the problem to your system then you can also try with the using the version 4, and ai am sure that this old version is not having any problem.

In your problem, I will suggest you to try making a bug report to the ESET's developers and submit that repot to them. I am sure that they will help you to resolve this problem. And also they will soon release the new version of the ESET Smart Security which will have this type of the fix. Try with this, hope that they really help you.

Ok dude, thanks for suggesting me about making a bug report and tell this to the ESET's developers. I had tried with that and hope that they will soon response for my problem.

Yes, I was also facing the same problem and for getting resolve this I have tried with the so many of the suggestion from the other forum, but I get that still my problem remains that says that only one setup instance can be runned at the same time. And after trying with the above suggestion I see that problem in my cause have get resolve. Thanks for that again.