Thread: Unable to open some sites and games with ESET Smart Security 5 firewall

Unable to open some sites and games with ESET Smart Security 5 firewall

My ESET Smart Security 5 Firewall is making me to block battlog website and stating 29.10.2011. 11:36:58 Detected covert channel develop in ICMP packet 192.168.1.26 209.222.31.24 ICMP i am unable to play the game so i need to disable firewall at the time of playing adventure game battlefield 3. So the issue continues that. When i stop firewall game works well and after enabling it I am not able to play the game.

Re: Unable to open some sites and games with ESET Smart Security 5 firewall

The Personal firewall acts as a network traffic driver, which controls the communication inside the local network or Internet. With the help of predefined rules the firewall has the access permissions for the communication t make. and gives permissions according to ot allowing it or dis- allowing.

Try with these solutions; I suppose it will help you.
    Setup>Personal Firewall>IDS and Advanced Options>uncheck and finally Covert data in ICMP protocol detection. You can also try by enabling pre-release update if there is a situation where the issue is fixed as disabling and the above is classed as not "safe".

When you are In Automatic mode, there is control on network communication by settings which are defined by the user. After having an connection with the network, it is upto the user to decides whether it is a trusted zone or not. in both directions there is a limitation of Communication in a trusted zone. In the case of Communication within a restricted zone - is permitted only for applications which are able to establish outgoing connections. for incoming connections , there can be Such applications which can be trusted. This mode needs no user interface (apart from at the time of linking to a new network).

Just make sure for the antivirus program gone corrupted. Rather make a new install and then try for. If you are persisting with the same problem, then let me know further. It might be the reason that your operating system going corrupt.

There are chances that the virus occupied in the system and not letting to continue with the firewall. If this is not the issue, check in the settings of firewall. Doing it step by step, firstly perform a whole scan of the computer. If performing this, you can discover the issue.
    SETUP>ADVANCED SETUP> NETWORK/PERSONAL FIREWALL>IDS AND ADVANCED OPTIONS>PACKET INSPECTION/