Thread: Unable to connect PCs on LAN in ESET Smart Security 5.

Unable to connect PCs on LAN in ESET Smart Security 5.

I have installed ESET antivirus recently and the firewall with ESS (v4.2.71.2) is generating some block linking the PCs on my LAN. After having a disable of the firewalls on both they are able to see each other. I've tried changing some of the settings but not resolving it. Apart from this I am getting the following error at the time of making a try to have an access on my laptop from my desktop by means of "Network" in explorer. The issue with which I am dealing is ‘Error code 0x80070035’. Do you have some ideas regarding the same?

Re: Unable to connect PCs on LAN in ESET Smart Security 5.

As per my supposition, they should not perform in the way which you are experiencing. This firewall should be able to work with a local LAN with no users having to mess with the changing of settings. When this is completed on V5, a message is to be appeared which denotes that it is no longer as protected.

In my case it didn’t work. I can’t believe for moving back to NIS. A complimentary copy of it can be obtained from Comcast. I suppose the single way of the PCs seeing each other is after when you turn the ESS firewall off.

At the time of making an exception, it can be anything; any type of firewall is less safe. And this one has not worked without adding to the trusted zone, almost certainly. And the only means by which it worked with reliability for me was at the time of adding the entire local subnet to the trusted zone on all machines with ESS having installed in them. Even adding the IP address for both of the machines it didn’t work for me. I need to add all of 255.255.255.0 to acquire them to communicate continuously. It does can prove to be a better option than turning off the firewall on both to have a transfer of files. The built in Windows firewall is the only possible one I have not had to tweak to get it to work.

Solving this issue I can say that wherever they have "Single address" selected, try to change it to "Subnet". Enter 255.255.255.0 and then click ok until you find all of the setting seeming to be closed. Repeat the same procedure for all machines through ESS installed.

As you would like to know what is upsetting ESS, not how it behaves after it is upset. For some instance the early problem is a false glitch. These settings are able to stop the errors which are being carried forward. I would in addition propose to clear your firewall log. Switching off all computers and then restarting one at each instance is too extremely helpful as networks save state information which can become conflicting. With Switching off all your computers will enable to force all to regenerate hopefully more suitable configuration information and will fix numerous network issues. At the time of having 2 of them on can enable you hopefully reveal an operational network or additional readily to isolate the difficulty.

If the problem continues to persist please try for clearing the firewall log so as to have only connections are being blocked following to the current changes which are listed in the log. Also create a list of the IP addresses of computers which are unable to connect to each other.

I just had a check for my drivers and firewall turning to off but with no solution.My questions to you again are from where to enable logs exactly. I think possibly they will be present there. Where are the log files kept back so as to it is able it locate them?

The questions still persists for some users getting it difficult for them to enable logs exactly and the location of the log files kept and finding them. In v5, open the main setup by pressing F5, find the way to Network Personal firewall then to IDS and advanced options to Troubleshooting and choose Log all blocked connections. In V4, the location of the option in the setup is approximately similar.