Thread: Flooding attack after installing Eset Smart Security 5.0 RC

Flooding attack after installing Eset Smart Security 5.0 RC

I have recently installed Eset Smart Security 5.0 RC and the problem that I have started facing id that I am getting a lot of “No usable rule found” types messages in the firewall log I was not having any such problem with the previous version which was 4.2.71. Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Flooding attack after installing Eset Smart Security 5.0 RC

I have recently installed Eset Smart Security 5.0 RC and the problem that I have started facing id that I am getting a lot of “No usable rule found” types messages in the firewall log I was not having any such problem with the previous version which was 4.2.71. Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
    What you mean by “No usable rule found” types of messages I mean that they might be specific just post whatever messages that you have faced by now. It will help me to understand the problem better and then I can try to help you out with it as well.

I am getting the below messages: (xxx is for the port entries as they are varying)
    • No usable rule found 192.168.1.7:xxx
    • No usable rule found from several external IP's:xxx
    • Address temporarily blocked by active defense (IDS) 192.168.1.7:xxx

Any further help will be appreciated.

Ok just check if you have your network added to the trusted zone and in order to check it out just follow the path below:
    Networks, configure rules + zones > zones tab
    Just check it out and then let me know for further help.

I don’t have much knowledge about the networks and the firewall so I had not added my network to the trusted zone and when I checked in the location that you have specified then I found that 192.168.1.7 is in the zone tab but then it is not in the trusted zone and it is saying something like this and i am really not getting anything from it automatically generated authenticated zone' subnet 192.168.1.7 / 255.255.255.0. If you have idea about these then please help me out.

After going through your address I have found that the your ip address is using fritzbox and in order to get rid of this problem then just disable the parental control or the Child protection in the Fritzbox and also turn off the tcp overload and then check if you are getting the same messages again. I think that it should solve it but then just try it and then let me know what you get.

Hey I am really thankful to you for your solution I have just solved the problem by turning off the Child protection in the Fritzbox and the tcp overload as well.I has tried a no solution before to solve it out but I was not getting any success but then thanks to you for sharing it with me and I will like to thanks others as well for sharing their suggestions with me because without your help I don’t think that I would have solved the problem today as well.