Thread: ESET NOD32 V5 is having high CPU usage with Intel CPU?

ESET NOD32 V5 is having high CPU usage with Intel CPU?

Hey all I am getting some problem related with the use of the ESET NOD32 V5. And with this, the problem is that, ESET NOD32 V5 uses the CPU at 20% minimum, while I was having the V4 at that time it only uses the 2-3% in the ideal mode. I am not getting here that why this is happening to me, can here anyone suggest me about this?? Anyone else here the same problem with this?? For resolving this I have also tried with the reinstalling the ESET NOD32 V5 but still get the same problem with this. Please reply me back about this.

Re: ESET NOD32 V5 is having high CPU usage with Intel CPU?

Dude, I am having nod32 v5 in an old Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz with the one GB of the memory only. But I am not having this problem. I think that you are getting this type of the problem only because of, the following things….try to make sure about this all::
    Are you using default settings?

• Have you enable advanced heuristics all the time??
    • And also check for the HIPS setting.
    • Do you have a firewall app with HIPS running too?
    • Do you have an external HD connect to you pc?
    • Have a look here, could be new removable media protection.

I am not sure about the using default settings I have not checked abiout this yet. Except this, I have checked all the other things and there I would that this all are say as you are saying. What to do now??

I am not having creative x-fi driver 2 and also here I am not facing this type of the problem. When I try with the newer driver at that time also I get that this only helps to resolve the three problems only. And for that reason I am not thinking to upgrading with the older drivers. And also I can say to you that with this I am not having the above issue. For you, I will tell you to try with the same, and hope that this helps you for resolving the problem.

For making sure about this that ESET NOD32 V5 is using the 20% of the CPU usage, I will tell you to try to disable the real-time protection and see if this makes difference in the CPU usages. I am suggesting you this because I am thinking that, NOD32 v5 is using CPU 20% only because of the real-time protection.

Yes, I tried with disabling the real-time protection but at that time also I get that this is not helping too much. Still ESET NOD32 v5 is using the 20% of the CPU usage. Now I have decide to use the v4 for getting resolve the problem. Because I can see here that no one have the proper suggestion about this and also when I am using NOD 32 v5 at that time this causes the system to work very slow. I have to be happy with using the NOD v4 only. Thanks for your suggestion friends. I think here that this problems is related with the Intel CPUs only. What you other people will say about this???

Friends, me too having this problem and I get this when I switch from LCD to Monitor and vice versa. I am using Atom dual core and in my case, ESET NOD32 V5 uses 50% of the CPU usage. Please suggest me also.

Yes, I also agree with this. I am having different systems in my office and I am getting the same problem with the system which is having Intel CPU. But I am not having the same problem with the system that is with Athlon64 X2 6400+. On this system CPU uses by the ESET NOD32 V5 is only to the 3-5%. What you all people will say about this?? I am thinking that this problem is related with the Intel CPU only. Hope that here someone will really help me for resolving the problem.

For making sure about the ESET NOD32 V5 is using 20% of the CPU usage then for that I will suggest you that you will need to try with the using Process monitor which will help you to show real-time file system, Registry and process activity. At that time when you get 20% usage at that time take print screen and then attach it with your post. I want to see that and then it might help me for giving the proper suggestion to you. And also for resolving the problem, you will need to make a process dump of ekrn. Since you are running on the windows 7, you will need to open the Task manager, and then right click ekrn.exe amon running processes and then select to create Dump File. After this, notice the changes of the CPU usage by the ESET NOD32 V5. And reply me back about that.

Yeah, I tried with creating the Dump File and after this, I installed it again cuz Marcos asked for that .dmp file. After this I can see that this is working very fine for me. Thank for suggesting me about this.

No dude, I don’t agree that ESET NOD32 V5 is having high CPU usage with Intel CPU only. Because, I have also tried this with the AMD CPU also and with this also I get that this is using too much of the CPU usage. I was also suffering from this type of the problem and for resolving this I tried with using the version 4 only. And with this, I am not having any problem.