Thread: Getting failed to initialize firewall message after installing Eset Smart Security 5 RC Beta

Getting failed to initialize firewall message after installing Eset Smart Security 5 RC Beta

I have recently installed Eset Smart Security 5 RC Beta on my computer and since then I am getting message saying failed to initialize firewall. I don’t have much idea about it and I have tried rebooting the computer several times but then I get the same message every now and then. Is there anyone who has an idea about the sane and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Getting failed to initialize firewall message after installing Eset Smart Security 5 RC Beta

I have recently installed Eset Smart Security 5 RC Beta on my computer and since then I am getting message saying failed to initialize firewall. I don’t have much idea about it and I have tried rebooting the computer several times but then I get the same message every now and then. Is there anyone who has an idea about the sane and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I have came across this problem but there were different cases for the same so just to understand you case I just want to ask you few question so just answer them so I can help you further with it:
    • What is your network adapter status enabled? Disabled?
    • Have you tried uninstalling ESS and then reinstalling it again?

Re: Getting failed to initialize firewall message after installing Eset Smart Security 5 RC Beta

I enable the Network Adapter Everytime I Boot Up so yes it is enabled and I have not yet tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again so I just wanted to know that keeping it enable is the problem or I will have to try out uninstalling and then reinstalling it again to sort it out. Any further help will be appreciated.

I enable the Network Adapter Everytime I Boot Up so yes it is enabled and I have not yet tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again so I just wanted to know that keeping it enable is the problem or I will have to try out uninstalling and then reinstalling it again to sort it out. Any further help will be appreciated.
    As I told you that I have found different cases for this problem then I will like to share that there are people who have mentioned that they get such type of messages when their network adapter is enabled and they do not get these messages when they boot up after disabling the network adapter but then there are some cases as well where people have mentioned that they have kept their network adapter disabled and even after that they are getting the same message but then they have solved the problem by uninstalling the ESS and then reinstalling it again. So first just try to make it enable and then see if it is making any difference and if not then even you will have to try out uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again. Just check it out what case you are having and then let me know what you get. Best of luck.

I will like to share that even I was having the same problem and I was getting the Failed to read firewall configuration message every time and I used to get the same with all the build including v4 and v5 as well and I have tried doing both the solution that is disabling the network adapter and then booting up like that and also uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again but unfortunately it did not worked for me and not to avoid it I have uninstalled it and I am not using it anymore and I am just waiting for the full release.

I will like to share that even I was having the same problem and I was getting the Failed to read firewall configuration message every time and I used to get the same with all the build including v4 and v5 as well and I have tried doing both the solution that is disabling the network adapter and then booting up like that and also uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again but unfortunately it did not worked for me and not to avoid it I have uninstalled it and I am not using it anymore and I am just waiting for the full release
    Hey thanks for sharing that actually I have mentioned the wrong message I mean that I have mentioned “failed to initialize firewall” but then after reading yours when I checked it out then I noticed that it is “Failed to read firewall configuration”. I am really sorry for mentioning it wrong previously and yes both the solutions are not working for me as well but then I did not had problem with the previous version of it which was v4 and it was working well without any problem and without any such messages as well so I think that I will again switch to the previous version if I don’t find a solution for this. Any further help for this will be appreciated.