Thread: No start up scan in ESET NOD32 v5

No start up scan in ESET NOD32 v5

Friends, I am using ESET NOD32 5.0.94.0 and this was working very fine. But when I restarted my computer taday at that time I get that there is no start up scan in ESET NOD32 v5, why this happens?? I am sure that I have not changed any setting for this and also this facility was there in the version 4. I came here to just make sure that I am not missing anything. And also in the setting I can say that the two Automatic startup file check boxes are checked but can here anyone say about this that this is fine?? Please suggest me what can I do for get back start up scan in ESET NOD32 v5??

Re: No start up scan in ESET NOD32 v5

For that, I will suggest you to make sure with the following setting, may they work in your case:
    • First you will need to open the main program window with the help of double-clicking the icon in your Windows notification area.
    • And also you can do the same thing as: Start All Programs ESET ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
    • After this opens, in the main menu> click Tools> click Scheduler.
    • After this, Select System startup file check from the list> and then click edit.
    • And then Click Next four times> then click Finish.

After this setting your system will run the startup scan only when the CPU is idle. Hope that this will help you to resolve the problem. Reply me back about the result of it.

Hey thanks for the settings. I tried with all the settings but still I can see that this is not helping me. Still I am not getting start up scan in ESET NOD32 v5. Any other suggestion for doing this thing??

Rajni Guest

No dude, it is not gone, it had been delayed. And for that reason all system processes can start up before the start-up scan. And for making sure about this, you can also try to looking at the tray icon, after few time it will again start spinning and then when you try to put the cursor on that icon than at that time it will say that start up scan is running. And also here I would like to say you that in the ESET NOD32 v5, it is very fast 1-5 Sec so be alert.

For you, I will suggest you to try with uninstallation and a fresh install of the version 5, may this helps you. And also for this, I will tell you to try to get the suggestion from the ESET staff, may they have suggestion about this. I think that this is normal that it takes some seconds to enable, but it is not normal that it takes a few minutes until it is done. And I will also say over here that you will need to check for the setting again and hope that there you will some fault which is causing this thing. Or else the better option for you to contact with the ESET support. I am sure that they will help you to resolve the problem. Reply me back about its suggestion.

Yes, I tried with that also yesterday and also I have tried with using the version 4. And after using this for the hour and a half, I uninstalled this one and then again I tried with installing the version 5 back on but still I see no difference. Thanks for your suggestion. But now I have decided to use the version 4 only. Hope someone here will help me to resolve the problem.

friend, for you I will say to try with setting again that I have suggested you in the above post. This is because, I have tried with the same steps and there I found that this is working for me. I think that you are missing some steps while Channing the setting.