Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-11-2011

Incompatibility of BackupAssist with ESET NOD32

Hey all. I am having BackupAssist software and with this I am getting some problem related with the compatibility with the ESET NOD32 antivirus. And here I can say that when I am trying with the doing the backup using this software at that time I get Blue Screen of Death. And also for getting resolve this problem I have also tried with the uninstall NOD 32, and at that time I didn?t get this problem, but it appears again when I tried with the reinstalling this. Why this all things are happening to me?? Please reply me back if here anyone having the suggestion about this. I am thinking that this all things are happening to me because of BackupAssist a is Incompatible with the NOD32. What you all will say for this??
Old 21-11-2011

Re: Incompatibility of BackupAssist with ESET NOD32

Dude, here you have not suggested that which version of the NOD32 you are using in your system?? Try to provide me that. And also if possible then for you, I will tell that you will need to get a complete memory dump generated during BSOD and give it to me. Then I will try to suggest you some suggestion to resolve the problem.
Old 21-11-2011

Yes, I have searched for this problem and also I have found that the systems which are running MS Exchange are having this problem. For getting resolve about this, you will need to use XMON version installed. And this is because, you can?t run the 4.2.71 on those servers. I am suggesting you about this all things because I have also faced this type of the problem and to get resolve this I have to do as I have directed to you in this post. If after trying with this also you get the same problem then for that reason you will need to do the report this problem to the ESET and hope that they will help you to resolve this. I am not sure over here that this problem is related with the compatibility or not.
Old 21-11-2011

Ok, as mentioned by above user, I would like to say here that the version which you have indicated over here is not able to installed within that particular environment. For that you will need a specific version for this type of the installation and also this will help you to using this type of environment to avoid unnecessary hold ups. Try with that, I am sure that after this you will get no more blue screen problem.
Old 21-11-2011

Friend, if you are having this type of the problem and not getting the proper suggestion for this. Then for that I will suggest you to try with the ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange server 4.3.10016.0. I am sure that with this you will not get the problem.
Old 21-11-2011

According to me the latest version of the ESET Mail Security for the MS Exchange is 4.3. I am using this version and I can say that this features automatic exclusions per the recommendations by Microsoft and also this version is having the application protocol filtering disabled by default. This protocol help to prevent a bug in MS Windows Filtering Platform from manifesting. Can you reply me back that you get BSOD with the EMSX 4.3. I need here that you reply me about the memory dump. This will help me to configure the problem that the problem is related with the EMSX or another driver.
Old 21-11-2011

Here I would like to say that ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server is replacement for NOD32 for Exchange. And also would like to inform that this is free upgrade for licensed users. After this, you may need to get the new license key issued, this is because structure of the license key may have changed. Try to make sure about this if you are a licensed users. For doing this thing you will need to contact with the sales department or you will need to visit at Retrieve License Detail. And from here you will get the proper details about the new License. Try with this, I hope that after doing this, you will not get the compatibility problem. Reply me back about the result.
Old 21-11-2011

Yes, I tried with that and from there I get the new License Detail. I tried with that but after this also ii get that I am suffering from the same problem. Any other suggestion for this??? And thanks for that link.
Old 21-11-2011

Dude, for resolving your problem I will suggest you to contact with the ESET and try to get the patch which they are provided for this reason only. I am sure that after installing that patch you will not face this BSOD issue again. And also here let me tell you that this is not related with the BackupAssist and NOD32 Incompatibility. I am telling you this all because, I was also suffering from this all problem and to get resolve this I downloaded that Patch file. After this all I get that I am not having that BSOD problem anymore.
Old 21-11-2011

I came here to tell you all that, I am now getting some positive results while I am testing with the patch which was provided by the ESET team. After installing that patch, I can see that system had not blue screened at all and all backups have been successful. Thanks for suggesting me about downloading that patch file.
Old 22-11-2011

Hey dude, I am not agree that BackupAssist is not compatible with the ESET NOD32 version5. This is because I am also trying this Backup software and I am not getting any BSOD while I am trying with the Backup.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,