Thread: ESET NOD32 not able to remove Olmarik Rootkit

ESET NOD32 not able to remove Olmarik Rootkit

Hey friends, I am having ESET NOD32 antivirus and with this I am having problem related with this. And the problem is that, this antivirus is not able to remove the Olmarik Rootkit virus from my system and also from rescue environment. When I am trying to do with this but still I get that it will detect the Olmarik Rootkit, but when I say it to delete at that time I get that it says 0 / 1 items cleaned, and still virus is there in the system. Can here anyone suggest me about this? What can I do to delete this from my system??

Re: ESET NOD32 not able to remove Olmarik Rootkit

Dude, which version of ESET NOD32 are you using? For that you will need to try with using the ESET NOD32 v5, and I am sure that you will able to delete this virus from this. And also I will tell you to submit this report to the Eset that ESET NOD32 is not able to delete the Olmarik Rootkit virus.

Yes, I checked with this and after the scanning is finished at that time I get that I am not infected with it as stand-alone tool said to me. And also I have checked with running with the WinPE environment but there also it says that, I am not infected with this. And also I think that this is MBR infection, and I get that there is no files to submit. Can you please reply me some way to submit my entire MBR for analysis?? Please reply me back about this.

Ok, for submitting the suspicious file for analysis, you will need to follow the steps as:
    • First you will need to compress the file into a .zip or .rar archive and after this protect it with the password as infected.
    • And also you will need to make a note on this password in the email, attach the zipped file, and email it to.
    • If available then include the customer care number. Use a subject line which clearly states if the attached file contains a suspected infection or a false positive Also.
    • And in the email it is very important to include the background that from where he sample was found.
    • And tell Them that it is the mbr which is infected, and they will send you a tool you should run and then get the problem to resolve.

Hey dude, thanks for the steps for submitting the suspicious file to ESET for analysis. Hope that they will soon give response for this and they will help me to resolve the virus from the system.

Yeah, I was also having this type of the problem and for getting resolve this I have tried with the so many of the suggestion but newer found the proper suggestion about that. But after coming here I came to know about the submitting the suspicious file to ESET for analysis. I had tried with that, but yet they have not replied me about this thing. What can I do now??