Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

Hey friends I am having ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only but then I am not having smart security so I just wanted to know from you all that is there any good tools that can help me with the spam previously I was using PC tools anti spam which was integrated with MS Outlook I don?t remember about it exactly but then I think that it was the same. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 442
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

Quote:
Hey friends I am having ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only but then I am not having smart security so I just wanted to know from you all that is there any good tools that can help me with the spam previously I was using PC tools anti spam which was integrated with MS Outlook I don?t remember about it exactly but then I think that it was the same. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
Before I suggest you just answer me the following question:
  • Which operating system you are using?
  • Which email client you are using?
  • Do you want to use ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only or you are fine with other as well?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

I have gone through a no of anti spam but I have not yet found a good one and I also wanted to know that which one will be the best for me.
  • I am using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit as my operating system.
  • As far as the email client is concerned I am using MS Outlook 2010 as well as ISP's yahoo based server.
  • Yes I don?t have any problem in getting a change as far as it satisfies me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 464
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

I will suggest you to go for windows live mail and it has been just working great and I think that it is one of the best as well. I think that it will satisfy you as well and it is also having a good anti spam built as far as I have used it. I will also like to inform you that if you use the windows live mail then you will not have to use any kind of extra software or any plug-in. If you want then you can check it out I think that you will like it as well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 440
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

Quote:
I will suggest you to go for windows live mail and it has been just working great and I think that it is one of the best as well. I think that it will satisfy you as well and it is also having a good anti spam built as far as I have used it. I will also like to inform you that if you use the windows live mail then you will not have to use any kind of extra software or any plug-in. If you want then you can check it out I think that you will like it as well
Even i have used windows live mail previously and I am aware of it as well and I personally don?t like it because I have not found it to be that good as an anti spam. And as far as the antispam is concerned it also lies in the free e-mail clients like the Opera Mail and the Mozilla Thunderbird as well. I have used the opera browser as well and you just have to activate Opera Mai and after that you can have all the apps, mail and much more. If you want than you can try out the same. Just go through its feature once and see if you find it satisfying or not.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 459
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

Quote:
Hey friends I am having ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only but then I am not having smart security so I just wanted to know from you all that is there any good tools that can help me with the spam previously I was using PC tools anti spam which was integrated with MS Outlook I don?t remember about it exactly but then I think that it was the same. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
I have been using the MailWasher Pro 2011 from a long time and I think that it is one of the standalone anti-SPAM program and I also think that it is one of the much advanced and customizable as compared to the other integrated ones like this. I think that it is the best anti spam software that I have ever use but then you have not specified your requirements so I am not that sure if it will satisfy you. So I will just say that just check it out once in order to make a conclusion about it. You can just check it out on mailwasher dot net and you will be able to know about its each feature in detail.
You can get any of these:
  • MailWasher Pro 2011 v1.2.0
  • MailWasher Pro 2011 v1.2.3 (Public Beta)
  • MailWasher Pro 2011 v1.2.6 (Latest Beta)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 440
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

Yes I agree to you that the MailWasher Pro 2011 is also a good choice but then I think that opera browser and mail can now do everything that a Outlook/Thunderbird as well as Firefox can do and I personally think that it is the best one I don?t know what others think about the same. I will also like to add that using Opera browser and Mail you can very well set an account in Opera Mail using your isp email address, Gmail address and yahoo email and servers as well and you will not have any kind of problem in using them. If you want then you can just take a look at the Opera Mail tutorial below:
Opera Mail tutorial
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

Thanks for that information and also for the link and I am having a question in my mind and it is that will I be able to use my same email address or I will have to change it. I also wanted to know about chrome I mean is it counted in the list of the Spam prevention or it is not an antispam solution I think that it is not but then I am not sure about it so can anyone clear my doubt? If I ask you in short then I just want to know that does Chrome have an antispam function with it or not. Thanks in advance for further help.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 440
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

Quote:
Thanks for that information and also for the link and I am having a question in my mind and it is that will I be able to use my same email address or I will have to change it. I also wanted to know about chrome I mean is it counted in the list of the Spam prevention or it is not an antispam solution I think that it is not but then I am not sure about it so can anyone clear my doubt? If I ask you in short then I just want to know that does Chrome have an antispam function with it or not. Thanks in advance for further help.
Yes chrome is a browser and it is not an antispam for sure. I will also like to share that using it gives you kind of same response I mean that the spam can be received by mail so you can use some email client in order to get the antispam function but then even then it will be called as a browser and not as an antispam.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

I did not got you what you said by-
Quote:
spam can be received by mail so you can use some email client in order to get the antispam function but then even then it will be called as a browser and not as an antispam.
I mean that I did not got you properly actually I am using the new yahoo mail which is used by my ISP but then it is a email client and it runs on the ISP setup and even after that it is having the anti-spam tool/function as well as the filters and I can set up them as well. I agree that MS Outlook is not a browser and they have just updated the mail filter which I think is kind of junk.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 21-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 440
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

Actually the yahoo mail is received by yahoo web site and after that it is showed in the browser but then the same process does not go with the email client because it receives and send all the emails by itself and it also analyze whether it is a spam or not and if I will say in short then it do not use the e-mail protocols. Hope you got my point now.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 22-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Re: Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only

Yes I agree to you for that so now I just wanted to know that now if I will go to the ISP yahoo based email and if I will delete the detected spam that might have missed from their screen than will I be able to download the mail which I want to store on the personal box or not.Any further help for this will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Need Anti Spam Tool for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 5 only"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 racer Reviews 2 11-05-2013 02:39 PM
availability of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 Amualya Networking & Security 6 24-11-2011 09:30 PM
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 versus ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 Jasseen Networking & Security 10 23-11-2011 11:44 AM
Show of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 ZaidaB Networking & Security 6 23-11-2011 10:34 AM
Download ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 DAIJIRO Networking & Security 3 02-03-2009 10:58 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:28 AM.