Thread: Getting "Detected DNS cache poisoning attack" after installing Eset SS v5.0.84.0 rc

Getting "Detected DNS cache poisoning attack" after installing Eset SS v5.0.84.0 rc

I have recently installed ESET NOD32 Smart Security v5.0.84.0 RC and since then I am getting "Detected DNS cache poisoning attack" and I am getting it quite often and I have also found that the ip that it shows is from my own router so I just wanted to know that is this some kind of common issue or it is a serious issue and I also want to know that is there a solution to avoid it because I don’t have much idea about it. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Getting "Detected DNS cache poisoning attack" after installing Eset SS v5.0.84.0 rc

I have recently installed ESET NOD32 Smart Security v5.0.84.0 RC and since then I am getting "Detected DNS cache poisoning attack" and I am getting it quite often and I have also found that the ip that it shows is from my own router so I just wanted to know that is this some kind of common issue or it is a serious issue and I also want to know that is there a solution to avoid it because I don’t have much idea about it. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.
    As far as I know it can be some kind of false alarm while your router is refreshing the cache and which is used by it to store the DNS information but then I am not that sure about the same but you can directly contact the ESET's technical support department and then ask them the same to confirm it and they will also help you out with the issue further. I will have shared the link but then I have found that the url vary according to the country. So you can just check out for it and then contact them.

Re: Getting "Detected DNS cache poisoning attack" after installing Eset SS v5.0.84.0 rc

Even I was facing the same problem and I was so frustrated that I have canceled my renewal. I will also like to share that I was having the same problem with the v4 as well and it used to occur every time when I used to close any online game and other than that it used to occur at every 20 minutes and when I had contacted the support then they said that this is some known configuration problem and they told me to disable it in settings and then it was fixed in the version 4.2 but then I am having the same problem in the version 5 and when I tried the same method than it is not working now. I am really running out of ideas and I don’t know what to do and I have also contacted the support again but then even they don’t have a solution for the same.

Yes this problem is a known problem on some configurations I am not aware of it but then I have heard of it and it was also in the ESET Smart Security v4 but then it was solved later and now it again exist in ESET NOD32 Smart Security v5.0.84.0 RC .This error actually occurs when responses from a DNS server do not match the queries. I have not found any official coming up for a solution for this but then I have found on their forum where a moderator has mentioned that the "DNS cache poisoning attack" will be fixed in the next build of the firewall module so I think that you all will have to wait till then.

I was thinking that there might be a solution for this but then I am really disappointed with the ESET I don’t know why such bugs occur in their module and then they just keep on saying that they will fix it in their next module and all. I just hope that they come up with a solution for it fast.

I was thinking that there might be a solution for this but then I am really disappointed with the ESET I don’t know why such bugs occur in their module and then they just keep on saying that they will fix it in their next module and all. I just hope that they come up with a solution for it fast.
    I will suggest you to Run an Anti spyware program in order to clean the system from any malware and I will suggest you to use the Spyware Terminator and you can also use malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials and I will also suggest you to uninstall the Eset Smart Security using an antivirus removal tool in order to avoid any corruption while installing it and after you uninstall it then delete the following files as well if you find them:
    C:\Program Files\ESET
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET
    C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\ESET
    This will help you to completely uninstall the Eset Smart Security and then you can reinstall it and then see if it is making any difference

You can just try to Flush the DNS cache and then restore MS's Hosts file later and in order to do the same just copy this in a notepad file and then name it as flush.bat and save it on the desktop:
    @Echo on
    pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
    attrib -h -s -r hosts
    echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
    attrib +r +h +s hosts
    popd
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh winsock reset all
    netsh int ip reset all
    shutdown -r -t 1
    del %0
    And after that just run the file as an administrator and after the process is complete do a full scan and then see if you still get the same DNS cache poisoning or not. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.