Thread: Is it possible to limit the bandwidth in shared network?

Is it possible to limit the bandwidth in shared network?

Right now I am working in a small office and there they are using hathway as the internet connection. So what I am saying is that there are some sectors that use the extra bandwidth for some kind of servers so what I am saying is that is it possible that I can set up some restriction policies by which the bandwidth which is consumed in such a heavy rate is reduced and the extra bandwidth can be sued by the other employes in the office?

So that’s the question that I am asking from you all and hence I am thinking that if you can give me a reply for the same waiting for the response from your side for the same and hence if possible do reply as soon as possible. That’s what I want to say here.

Re: Is it possible to limit the bandwidth in shared network?

Just go through this link and tell me if that was of any use for you and in case if that wasn’t then do let me know about it I will try and answer it out for you that’s what I am saying here.

I don’t think so you would be able to do that especially if it si related to the servers since they are the one’s which might require a greater bandwidth and hence it is but obvious that you will be getting to see the slow internet speed while working.

The other method that I would like to suggest you is that ask your office people to set a separate isp for the server and a different connection for the office work, so that you don’t feel the need of the lack of the connection. So that’s what I am saying here. I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baisakhi View Post
    I don’t think so you would be able to do that especially if it si related to the servers since they are the one’s which might require a greater bandwidth and hence it is but obvious that you will be getting to see the slow internet speed while working.

The other method that I would like to suggest you is that ask your office people to set a separate isp for the server and a different connection for the office work, so that you don’t feel the need of the lack of the connection. So that’s what I am saying here. I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you.
    Ok thanks for giving me that suggestion that was indeed helpful for me I have carry forwarded the suggestion to some of my colleagues and also the seniors of my office lets see if they will be implementing those changes or not. That’s what I want to know, so lets see if that gets implemented or not. Anyways thanks a lot for the suggestions.