Thread: My iPhone 3GS is not getting connected well with Beetel 450TC1 WiFi modem/router

My iPhone 3GS is not getting connected well with Beetel 450TC1 WiFi modem/router

I am having a MTNL Triband connection and I am having a Beetel 450TC1 WiFi modem and it has been working fine and I get good speed as well for my laptop. I am also using iPhone 3GS and the problem that I am facing is that I am loosing connection mid-way with the WiFi modem and because of which I have to turn off/on the WiFi settings or turn the modem off/on in order to retrieve the connection but then I don’t think that this is actually a solution for this. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and has come up with a solution to sort this out? Any suggestion regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: My iPhone 3GS is not getting connected well with Beetel 450TC1 WiFi modem/router

Before I suggest you something I will like to know that what signal strength you are getting have you tried using the phone close to the modem or in a close range if not then just check it out and see if it is making any difference and I also wanted to know that is the problem only with the phone and not with the laptop. I mean that is your laptop getting better signal even though it is far away from the router. I will also suggest you to check it out by changing the WiFi connections if there are other networks available as well and then check but then do it if it is a secure connection only and you can also try to change the channel used in the wireless page you can try to switch I to 9 or 11.Just try to perform these and then see if you are experiencing any change and then let me know for further help.

Re: My iPhone 3GS is not getting connected well with Beetel 450TC1 WiFi modem/router

I am having a MTNL Triband connection and I am having a Beetel 450TC1 WiFi modem and it has been working fine and I get good speed as well for my laptop. I am also using iPhone 3GS and the problem that I am facing is that I am loosing connection mid-way with the WiFi modem and because of which I have to turn off/on the WiFi settings or turn the modem off/on in order to retrieve the connection but then I don’t think that this is actually a solution for this. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and has come up with a solution to sort this out? Any suggestion regarding this will be highly appreciated.
    I will suggest you to first try out Resetting the Network Settings of your phone and see if that is making any difference and in order to do that just go in to the General > Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Just try to do this first and then let me know what you get. Best of luck.

Yes my laptop is working perfectly fine with the laptop and it also get good signals as well even though it is far away from the router and my problem is only with the phone I mean that it gets signal but then I am facing horrible drop down most of the time and I have also tried to take the phone close to the modem but then the effect is the same and I don’t see any changes.

I have also tried to check other wifi connection and I have found Tikona to be the only one that is available for me and I have also tried changing the channel from AUTO to 9 and 11 respectively and during that I have experienced that it stayed well connected for some time but then I faced the same problem again only the time duration between the drop down have changed. I mean that the now the signal last for some more minutes as compared to what it used to last previously.

I have also tried to Resetting the Network Settings by going in to the General > Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings but after that I have not experienced any change. It still does to stay well connected say more than 10 to 15 minutes is the maximum time that I have noticed by now.

Is there any other step that I could try out??

I think that there is something wrong with your phone itself I mean that there is something wrong with the network chip which is not able to catch the wifi signal properly and even though it gets it is not able to keep the same consistent for long time so if it is under warranty then I will suggest you to visit the service center and then tell them what you have faced and they will look after that and if it is really a problem with the phone then they will fix it out. Other than that after getting it repaired you can follow some rules that is turning off the auto-brightness all the time and Bluetooth when not in use and I will suggest you to use the wifi without the security key in wifi router just keep these things in mind and they will avoid such further problems with the battery and the signals.

I will like to inform you that I am already aware of these things but then I have not turned the auto-brightness since the day I have bought it but then the other worst case that I am having is that I am not under the warrant and I have just crossed the warranty period last week and I have just checked it after your suggestion.

And am I misunderstanding your point “use the wifi without the security key in wifi router” because it is sounding as if you are saying that I should remove the security password which I have been using for authenticating my session with the wifi router??

As far as I have found the WIFI router should have a consistent frequency because I have visited some forum and I have found a no of people saying that the 3G Iphone battery drain more in the wifi mode faster as compared to the other version of the iphones but I am not very sure about it but I have suggested you the above tips because of that so you can save a of your battery power.

And yes I said that because as you said that you have been using a secured connection and you did not had any problem with the secure connection with your laptop but you are having with your phone so I suggested you to check it out without using a secured connection and see if it is making any difference.

I will like to know that are you able to connect to the 3G wifi network using your phone?
    And I have also found that which operating system you are using I mean that I have found the Windows 7/Vista/XPSp2 etc to be the mentioned ones.

No it is not possible for me to connect to a 3G wifi network right away because I don’t have any means of doing the same but then I will like to inform you that I am able to surf from my laptop without any problem like I am facing with the phone. I was able to connect to the cable modem earlier and I did not had any problem like this as well but then I don’t know what settings have been changed because of which I am facing this problem I have tried my best to find and sort it out but then I have not got any success.

Just check if you are having the Encryption for 'WPA-PSK' in your case is 'TKIP/AES'. If it is so then you can try to use different security keys. Of wpa but then if it does not make any difference then you can also try out the WEP and also make sure that MAC address filter is deactivated just try to make the above changes and see if it is helping you out and not then let me know for further help.

Any solution? I am having the same problem on my iPhone 4 since months. Now bought ipad2 and it also faces the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by glahoti View Post
    Any solution? I am having the same problem on my iPhone 4 since months. Now bought ipad2 and it also faces the same issue.
    You have to change the username and password to connect to the network on iphone 4 or ipad 2 with the Beetel 450TC1 WiFi modem or simply use "simple port forward" which is a free application. Go through the video showing how to connect iphone to Beetel 450TC1 WiFi modem here.