Thread: Airtel Wi-Fi Modem

Airtel Wi-Fi Modem

Friends, I am planning to get the new laptop and for that reason only I need Wi-Fi at my house. Currently, I am having the simple modem/router of Airtel. And I came here to get the information that can Airtel will replace the modem with a Wi-Fi one?? And if yes then will they charge any extra charges for this replacement? Please reply me back about this. And also recommend me that will this be good to go with the Airtel Wi-Fi modem or purchase my own??

Re: Airtel Wi-Fi Modem

Dude, if you want to change this modem from the Airtel then let me tell you over here that in very obvious conditions they will change this and also I am sure that they will charge you for the same or they might ask you to upgrade. And also, if you are thinking to get the new router then for that I will suggest you that there are so many numbers of brand available in market, you can consider giving a chance to Belkin, Netgear or D-Link. So you can get from them also. And according to me, it will be very fine if you get the modem form them only, this is because, they will also give you the warranty for that.

Ok, if you are thinking for the replacement of the modem then for that I will suggest you that be sure before doing this because they will charge some money for this. I have also done this replacement and they ah also charged me for doing this replacement. So for you I will say that if you are doing the NON REFUNDABLE deposit for the ADSL modem. And now you want to return the then at this time they may charge you additional money for the 3-in 1 ABSL modem + Wi-Fi router.

Thanks for replying me about this. Now I get that they will charge me and I will have to surrender the modem at the time when I have disconnected, which is a no go for me at least. So, I think here that my best bet would be to buy my own Wi-Fi router, which guide to a rather technical issues. Now here I am having some other questions related with this and that is:
    • If I will buy this Wi-Fi router then I be able to use it without plugging in the Airtel modem??
    • The connection only works with Airtel provided modems???

Please suggest me for this also.

If you are looking for the Wi-Fi router then for that the options are as:

• Airtel can take back the ADSL modem and ask you to pay additional RS: 550/and give you a Wi-Fi model
    • forget ADSL modem, and ask RS: 1300/
    • take back the ADSL modem and ask for RS: 1200/
    • ask you to buy new one at about RS: 2500/
    • Your own Wi-Fi router to be used with Airtel modem will cost approx RS: 1550/= and above.

Since you retain the BB connection and do not want to use Airtel ADSL modem, a 3-in 1 will cost about RS: 2500/ and above depending on model.

Ok, I understand and thanks friend for telling me about this. And also I can say that service of Airtel is good. And also someone have told me that the speed of the Wi-Fi is good as compared to other company.

Dude, if you are thinking to get the Wi-Fi modem for the Airtel broadband then for this, I will suggest you to direct connect with the Airtel services only. Because they better now that which Wi-Fi modem will support their broadband? And here in this case, I am sure that they will really help you to suggest you about this. Try with this, and if they not respond for this then after that try with the above all suggestion.