Thread: MTS modem is not getting recognized by my computer

MTS modem is not getting recognized by my computer

I have been using a MTS modem and I am having windows xp service pack 1 as my operating system but then I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly. The problem that I have started facing is that the modem is not getting recognized by the computer. I don’t know what is wrong with it. Is there anyone who which has an idea about the same and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: MTS modem is not getting recognized by my computer

I have been using a MTS modem and I am having windows xp service pack 1 as my operating system but then I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly. The problem that I have started facing is that the modem is not getting recognized by the computer. I don’t know what is wrong with it. Is there anyone who which has an idea about the same and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    There are chances that you modem might have stopped working. I mean that have you checked that the lights are blinking on it or not. If yes then your modem must be alive but if not then I think that you will have to replace the modem. If you are able to see the light blinking but then it is not getting recognized then you can try out some other ports just to check it there is something wrong with the port or not. The other way that you can try out is to connect other portable device to the same ort and see if it is getting recognized or not and if you find that your portable device is getting recognized then the other thing that you can try is connecting the same modem to some other pc if it is possible but just to check out if it is getting recognized or not. If it get recognized then there might be something wrong with the port of the computer and if it still does not get recognized then I thing that there is definitely something wrong with the modem and you will have to contact the service provider and get it repaired or get it replaced. Just try to perform all of the above solution and see what you find and then let me know as well for further help. Best of luck.

I will like to inform you that I have tried out this basic steps I mean that I have found that the light is blinking and I am also able to hear the detection sound but then I am not able to install the software as the modem itself is not getting recognized. I have also tried to check the port with my ipod and it is getting detected very well without any problem so I think that there is nothing wrong forms the port side or my computer side. I have also tried to check it with my friends old photon plus and it is getting installed as well but then when I tried to use it with the other pc then it is getting installed without any problem. It is just not working for my pc and this problem is really confusing me now. Any further help will be appreciated.

Your problem appears to be really weird and it is confusing me as well. If you are saying that it all happened to be suddenly than there are less chances of any kind of incompatibility with your system. I will suggest you to try to reboot your machine with the mts plugged in and then see if it is making any difference and you can also check out the device manager and see if you are able to see the MTS modem in the list or not and if it is there then check out if it is set to disable by mistakenly. Just check this out and then let me know what you get.

I have tried rebooting the pc with the mts moden plugged in but it is not making any difference and I have also tried to just reboot the pc and then plug the mts at the startup several times but then even it did not helped and as far as the device manager is concerned when I checked it then I am not able to see the mts modem in the list and anything related to it as well so I don’t think that there are chances that it might have been disabled or something. I have also checked in the usb root hub but then I don’t find the mts modem to be listed there as well. Can it be some kind of driver problem??

I don’t think that there might be something wrong with your pc drivers because if it would have been so than you other device would also not get recognized. I just wanted to know that are you getting any error or something when you are trying to connect the modem on your pc? Any popup message or so? .just try to connect it again and then make a note of the error that you are getting and then let me know because that will be very helpful to find the cause of the problem.

I have checked it for a no of times but then I am not getting any kind of error. When I am connecting the mts modem then I just get a popup at the right down corner of the screen saying that no device found and this time I have also experienced that I am not able to hear the connection sound as well which it use to usually make when I was connecting it. This problem is really leaving me out of ideas now if it is working well in my friend’s laptop then why the hell is it not working with my computer. I don’t think that I am missing anything while installing the modem because I have myself installed the same in my friend’s laptop without any problem.

I think that the only option that you are left with is either trying by uninstalling the modem program and if it does not work then you will have to reinstall your windows and if you think that you will try it out then be sure that you backup all you data before and make sure that you format your whole pc rather than just formatting one drive and then installing the windows in it. Just check it out and then let me know if it works.

I will suggest you to switch to xp sp3 I mean install windows xp 3 and then try to connect the modem and then check if it is working out and if it still does not help you out then use the software Driver Genius pro 2010 and using this you will be able to get the suitable drivers for it and it will also help you to keep automatic updates of the windows xp 3.Just try it out, I think that this will definitely solve your problem without fail. Best of luck.

I don’t think that there is a need to reinstall the whole os again rather than trying out that I will suggest you to use some good uninstaller in order to completely uninstall the mts left outs and then again reinstall the mts program and then see if it is recognizing the modem again or not. Using such uninstaller you will be able to clears all the hidden locked registry thrash of MTS just try it out and after you uninstall it then make sure that you reboot your machine and then try to install the mts modem and then check if it is making any difference.

I think that you your USB port or hub might have been affected by some serious viruses and malwares so I will suggest you to first Run a Antivirus scan for that USB stick and make sure that the antivirus you are using is not a trial version and it has all the latest updates as well but if it does not work then you can run the MTS dongle with the help of an external USB hub and then try to delete the MBlazeUI which should be in c drive/Program Files and then install the program again just check if it is making any difference.

Hey thanks for your solution you guessed my problem very right actually it was because of the virus I was having a free trial version but then today I got a net protected pack for me and then after registering it and updating it I rebooted the machine and then I scanned the whole pc and also the USB port as well and after that my computer was able to recognize the mts modem and now it is working fine without any problem. Once again thanks to you for your help and also to the others who have helped me with their suggestions.