Thread: How to setup activesync email in Mac OS X Lion

How to setup activesync email in Mac OS X Lion

I downloaded and installed Lion almost last, all is well. Wanted to make use of some features of new mail, in particular, wanted to sync with my work e-mail. use Active Sync and it works fine with my iPhone and iPad. On the other hand, I cannot run the mail on my iMac (Intel), even with the promised new-fangled functionality in Mac OS X Lion, but it just keeps saying there is no response from port 403 - why?

re: How to setup activesync email in Mac OS X Lion

To my limited understanding may have to do with the SSL-encoding URL https:// versus http:// respectively. Attempt putting https:// in front of the URL address of active synchronization server.

If the job that doesn’t work try playing with the "Enable SSL" switch.(Respectively attempt a combination of both)!I'll just install Lion tonight, so that only you can guess, and not put to the test

I wonder if this works. I'm waiting to download the lion, for the reason that I want to make certain I be able to acquire OS X to have fun with Exchange 2003.

No, I cannot get it work. Even if the icons and design iMail look similar to the iPhone does not seem the identical functionality. This all seems new once more Lion standard only supports Exchange Server-configurations (not usually work from side to side corporate firewalls) in place of Active Sync promised - Interface .What dissatisfaction!

Well, gratitude once more, I consider I was going crazy! Why make it so simple on the iPhone / ipad and iMac?

After auxiliary investigation, it appears that Microsoft might be licensed feature sets ActiveSnyc to mobile devices at this time

Therefore; it cannot be handled by Apple or not the lion (or Snow Leopard) supports ActiveSync. However, I'm not certain why they could not develop their individual protocols to address the trouble. IP must be legal reasons for the reason that otherwise this is a great feature to lose. There are plenty of companies still running Exchange 2003.

OK, you have to wait for icloud then. Hopefully the push functionality will sync my Exchange account the company (which works fine on my iPhone via Active sync) on the Mac at home, too (never had to work with mobile me)! Keep your hopes up! It would still be great if someone came up with a solution / solution!

Did anyone locate a explanation to this? I actually like to perceive on my MacBook Pro for work emails that sync with my iPhone.

Re: How to setup activesync email in Mac OS X Lion

There is no solution for this. Microsoft Active Sync, was made specifically for mobile devices. no desktop. As such, you can easily connect to Exchange devices through Active-Sync for Apple since the kit license from Microsoft.
    Desktops, on the other hand Windows included, do not use Active Sync.

They use early warning systems (Exchange Web Services). The client uses Mail.app in Lion early warning systems such as Outlook or any other Exchange client on Windows, etc.