Thread: Lacie network space 2 -AFP not working with Mac OS X Lion

Lacie network space 2 -AFP not working with Mac OS X Lion

This morning I upgraded to OS X Lion 10.7. After updating my Lacie Network Space (NAS) no longer works on the AFP protocol. This is the error: version you’re trying to connect is not supported. Anyone having the identical trouble. I contacted LaCie support people I told them it is a well known trouble in all NAS manufacturers and apple to build an update for this trouble.

Re: Lacie network space 2 -AFP not working with Mac OS X Lion

It seems that Apple removed in OS X 10.7 Lion DHCAST128.Because they say it is safe .It seems that most NAS systems using this. This is how to put it back (time disables the machine in the NAS)
    Open Terminal
    Code:
    sudo chmod o + w / Library / Preferences
    Defaults write / Library / Preferences / comm-int 1 afp_host_prefs_version pple.AppleShareClient
    Reboot your Mac

Connecting to the NAS so you can make a profile
    Open Terminal
    Code:
    sudo defaults write / Library / Preferences / comm pple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams-array "Cleartxt Passwrd" "MS2.0" "2-Way Randnum of change"
    sudo chmod ow / Library / Preferences
    Reboot
    To activate it again: (Default in millions)
    Open the terminal
    Code:
    sudo defaults write / Library / Preferences / comm. pple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams-array-add "DHCAST128"

It is about a lot of notice. Sometimes it is not possible to allocate resources for such improvements for all 3rd party providers. Apple should be considered in the housing part 3. They are trying to force people to buy the Time Capsule. It seems that people have never achieved and the products and has worked with other companies to launch products.

I am talking about a version right away, not afs a technology that is 20-30 years old. No phase’s company was such an important thing in 6 months. Even drives that took years to eliminate.

Observe where it says "Will my Iomega network device support Time Machine in Mac OS X 10.7?"Keep saying "NO Iomega. Most populace would consider that include your external HD, too. There is no indication of a trouble with them.

My explanation as described above does not help the trouble of time machine. Only solves part of the file server thought your NAS AFP.

nevertheless Apple has the accurate protocol to activate AFP Time Machine to your NAS.LaCie has just announce that they are leading to the creation of an update that will be hard-pressed to all NAS systems as soon as possible

I initially hoped that its explanation that has solved the trouble in my Lacie NetworkSpace2 AFP (which cannot be used further with Time Machine), verify that.

For your information, I updated the firmware today to version 1.2.93 NAS and was capable to unite to the NAS (Finder: Go / Connect to server .afp: / / 192.1xx.xx) before recommended to execute the commands in terminal mode, which means that the most recent firmware 02/01/93 NAS may have been solved the trouble AFP, at slightest for the file server. I am unable to remember that if I was capable to unite to the NAS in the Finder previous to updating the firmware.

1. In the menu, go to Go> Connect to Server (or) use the shortcut CMD + K
    2. Type: smb: / / IP-of-its-NETWORK-SPACE (e.g. 192.168.1.xx)
    3. Click on "Connect"
    4. Enter the username and password
    5. Choose the folder you desire to mount
    6. Exit

As you are saying that time machine functioning once more in the space of the network 2, you are able to let us be acquainted with what LaCie firmware version currently you running.

I fear that for many of us the problem is not resolved. The latest firmware update 1.2.93 does not solve the trouble as reported by Time Machine, "AFP required features are missing"

LaCie Updates deployment to all NAS drives Afp and the time machine back to work." I am contacting LaCie Technical Center is still struggling with this issue and does not seem to have a new firmware in testing for immediate release.

I installed the firmware update v 2.1.1. I am capable to authenticate that I am able to play iTunes songs that are in my networkspace2 once more.