Thread: My antivirus detected Infection: js:Downloader-BAX [Trj] in my system

My antivirus detected Infection: js:Downloader-BAX [Trj] in my system

I was playing some flash games last night. In morning when I logged in back I got this warning indication saying that there is jsownloader-BAX [Trj] found in my system. It is a trojan virus. What should I do now.

Re: My antivirus detected Infection: js:Downloader-BAX [Trj] in my system

Yes this a trojan virus or you can called as Trojan Js Downloader. This virus downloads more trojan in your system causing serious damages. It is possible to remove this virus from your system completely. But first I will recommend you to run a full system scan. For more better result you can scan your system in safe mode and get rid of this. I have some quick troubleshooting tips that can help you to fix this out. Run Task Manager and in that look for suspicious virus files. This is a usually .exe file and I had infected with this when I downloaded a fake antivirus called as Antivirus2009. End task anvirus2009.exe. After that you will need to delete some dll. You can do that by using cmd. Type regsvr32 /u wininet.dll, regsvr32 /u shlwapi.dll and then type del Uninstall Antivirus 2009.lnk and del Antivirus 2009.lnk. No run registry editor of windows and delete the entries from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Antivirus, KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Antivirus. Remove those entires which you find are not related to your system and reboot your system. You can also run CCleaner to wipe out unwanted registry files.

There is a tool called hijackthis. This tool scans your system and create a lot file of all currently running application and services in your system. You can look for the trojan in this and delete it.

Basically the antivirus does its job by quarantining the infection once found. It blocks the spreading. So you much have a better and updated antivirus. I will recommended all to use the most recent version of any internet security suite which is enough capable of handling any kind of infection. Avoid visiting any website which has infections. This is the best way of keeping yourself secure. Such sites are having more adware which install serious infections in your system and there will be no chance left to format your
    system completely.