Thread: Identity protection is disabled in AVG antivirus free edition 2012

Identity protection is disabled in AVG antivirus free edition 2012

I have started using AVG 2012 Free Edition a week ago and the problem that I have noticed now is that I am getting an error with an exclamation mark and it is saying that you computer is not fully protected and below that it is written that the Identity protection is disabled. I don’t have an idea about this and I have not faced this before when I was using 2011 Free and I am using windows xp as my operating system. I have also tried to reload the avg and I have also tried deleting it but then I am getting the same error message. Is there a way to solve it out? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Identity protection is disabled in AVG antivirus free edition 2012

I will suggest you to send me your AVG Log so I can make out what is the actual problem. In order to gather the log file just follow the below steps:

Just go to the avg folder and as you said that you are using xp then I think that it will be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG<number>\

And I will like to inform you that the number of the avg folder will be "AVG11" for AVG 2012 and they might be hidden as well so you will have to look for it.]
    After you get it zip it and then send it to me.

You can follow the below steps:

• First download and then run the AVG_ClickNFix_178683_en_US.exe and do not rename it while launching it.
    • Accept the agreement and then click on the start button.
    • After sometime the run process will end and then attach the InstallLogs.zip and then send it to me so I can help you further.

Send me the installlog.zip file and also send me the recent dump files from this location C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg2012\Dumps and I attach the MSinfo output as well. In order to create an msinfo output follow the steps below:

• Just go to start and then go to run (Make sure that you are using a administrator account).
    • And then you will get a window so just type msinfo32 and then click on OK.
    • And then copy the information from the left pane and then save it as msinfo and then send it to me.

I have sent all the requested file that you all had asked for and now I am just waiting for further help please provide me a solution to solve it out I have been trying a no of solution before but then none of them has helped me and by now I am really irritated by trying more and more solution so if it is possible then provide me a perfect solution to end this. Further help will be highly appreciated.

I have sent all the requested file that you all had asked for and now I am just waiting for further help please provide me a solution to solve it out I have been trying a no of solution before but then none of them has helped me and by now I am really irritated by trying more and more solution so if it is possible then provide me a perfect solution to end this. Further help will be highly appreciated.

I think that I can help you out I have gone through your file and I think that first of all you should remove the SpyZooka security software that you are using currently because as far as I know it is not a good choice to use other security software with your active resident part. So I will suggest you to remove that first and then just update the AVG software and then run a full scan and then check that if it is making any difference but even if that it is not helping then I will suggest you to use a removal tool in the safemode to Uninstall the avg and then reinstall it in the normal mode and then I think that there will not be any problem. Just check it out and then let me know whether it helps or not. Best of luck.

I think that I can help you out I have gone through your file and I think that first of all you should remove the SpyZooka security software that you are using currently because as far as I know it is not a good choice to use other security software with your active resident part. So I will suggest you to remove that first and then just update the AVG software and then run a full scan and then check that if it is making any difference but even if that it is not helping then I will suggest you to use a removal tool in the safemode to Uninstall the avg and then reinstall it in the normal mode and then I think that there will not be any problem. Just check it out and then let me know whether it helps or not. Best of luck.
    Hey thanks for your reply I have been able to solve my problem and I am really thankful to you. I have removed the SpyZooka security software that I was having and then I updated the AVG and then the problem was probably solved but I just wanted to know what is the connection between the SpyZooka security software or some other software when we use them with active resident part I mean that how does it affect it and why does it cause such problem. Do you have an idea about this??

I think that this due to its different editon and I have found this for the AVG Free edition:
    • It is a very basic antivirus which generally works on base level.
    • It do not have an Anti-Rootkit protection because of which the rootkits can me hidden on the system.
    • It do not have an Anti-Spam to block SPAM or some other fraudulent e-mails.
    • It does not include the Safe Downloads and the Instant Messaging protection .
    • The Safe Search protection here is used for advice on search results.
    • It do not help against the infected pages

It needs 256mb of RAM as well and there are some other drawback as well so I will suggest you to get a paid one