Thread: win32: malware-gen infecting file aswRunDll.exe

win32: malware-gen infecting file aswRunDll.exe

Today I have been experiencing truly situation. I did sweep my pc with avast5 internet security before boot, and it found that index named aswRunDll.exe is contaminated with win32: malware-gen. The way to the index was beginning with "windows.old" folder full way was windows.old\program files\alwil software\avast5\aswRunDll.exe, I put it in chestbox and when I checked the way if the record is still some place there, it was absent, so I collected its peachy and situation is settled. However when I did some scraping I found out that I perhaps have 2 windows envelopes , 1 is the primary and alternate is backup which I no doubt made back then, presumably the "old" one is where It found that malware so the backup folder.

Re: win32: malware-gen infecting file aswRunDll.exe

I am stuck in similar situation.. When I open the standard folder from program files the index is there, but isn’t spoiled or anything, in any event this is what avast expresses when I check it. It was just in the again down folder which isn’t as of this moment since its in the chest. I do output PC consistently so I’m considering why it didn’t spot the malware before in the event that it was malware and assuming that it was there extended time.

I actually acquired win7 and installed, but I’m as a matter of fact not 100% beyond any doubt. Possibly I potentially installed it twice. Since I think back I perhaps did a fix and afterward I did it again for some explanation, but I’m not 100% beyond any doubt as I was expressing. Is there a conceivability its not a true blue malware actually something that look such as it unpaid to some avast upgrades or something?

The aswrundll.exe (avast 5.1.889) on Windows 7 is almost always detected as malware on my Windows 7 machine as well. Submitted to virusscan.jotti.org/ and just Avast and GData locate it as malware. Perhaps GData utilizes Avast motor VirusTotal wasn't working around then or I could have submitted it there moreover. Anyway I did submit it to Avast as a false positive.

• Uploaded, Avast! and G-Data. Jotti says:
    • File size: 107056 bytes
    • Filetype: PE32 executable for MS Windows (GUI) Intel 80386 32-bit
    • MD5: ab96046a9c27886bd39e191be6372a88
    • SHA1: f2f30aeb8f5c05d3e1f9eb6f2fa72213d3afece8

I suspect the defs files myself, as I have viewed no indications of a pure spoiling like irregular internet activity and so on, and past boot s\cans didn't demonstrate anything.