Thread: INI:Cycbot-gen [Trj] found during Avast boot scan

INI:Cycbot-gen [Trj] found during Avast boot scan

I am attempting to spot more data concerning this virus that the Avast bootscan found. When I did some looking on the online world it appears similar to this virus is a really regretful one. The bootscan erased the record, but I was thinking about how to know if that was the just issue, or if there are alternate viruses or hooks associated with it on this computer? Moreover, any data you would be able to furnish concerning this virus in all inclusive could be greatly appreciated.

re: INI:Cycbot-gen [Trj] found during Avast boot scan

Same situation with me I likewise ran a malwarebytes' Anti-malware output which told the truth out. Forasmuch as I see you solicit this on large portions of the posts here, a hijack-this scan. The capture this log is joined.

Code:
    Check the C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\aswboot.txt 

utilizing notepad and copy and paste the line of the detection.
    The boot-time doesn't choose to delete (I accept the default is Move to Chest), that is a user decision unless altered. I hadn't long ago taken a gander at your Hijack This HJT log (as it is a bit of a dead misfortune with present day malware). Yet having read it demonstrates that you might additionally have or just have McAfee established. However I cannot see any reference to its modify transforms just the IE trusted zone stuff.

I cannot see any reference to avast processes, avastUI.exe nor the avastSvc.exe (vital), the just reference I am able to see is the WebRep. So your avast would not be able to be effectively established or HJT isn't working rightly. This isn't to surprising as HJT hasn't had an overhaul in a marked time and windows 7 I accept turned out when the final upgrade. So do you still have McAfee installed as it would be able to clash with avast.

Re: INI:Cycbot-gen [Trj] found during Avast boot scan

The PC utilized to have McAfee but it was uninstalled and traded with the permitted form of Avast. I saw those entrances in HJT too, and figured uninstall abandoned things. The document that was erased with the virus was:
    Code:
    File C:\Users\Cheri\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\stor.cfg is infected by INI:Cycbot-gen [Trj], Deleted