Thread: Rootkit detected by Avast Antivirus

Rootkit detected by Avast Antivirus

Hi there! I am glad to share my setback with you guys. As a matter of fact My Avast Antivirus has detected Rootkit. I have a Box Running Vista H/P 64 Bit Windows i7 CPU and whatnot. I am Running Avast For Home "Program 6.0.1.1289" "Virus Def Version 111023-2". I Scanned My Machine Like I Do Every Nite and it came Up, I never had it heretofore. They are “samples “Of "every Category" Didn't Want to Put All 1100+ File Here

Code:
    ID 64128 [L] Rootkit: hidden process (0)
    PID 9 [L] Rootkit: hidden pr
    C:\EXCEL_FILES\~$OPEN_10_21_2011.xlsx [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
    C:\hiberfil.sys [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
    C:\pagefile.sys [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
    C:\System Volume Information\ISwift3.dat [E] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (32)
    C:\System Volume Information\{0b06c3e1-f5ef-11e0-b16f-0024e8294a9c}{3808876b-c176-4e48-b7ae-04046e6cc752} [E] Access is denied (5)
    C:\System Volume Information\{0b06c3f1-f5ef-11e0-b16f-0024e8294a9c}{3808876b-c176-4e48-b7ae-04046e6cc752} [E] Access is denied (5)
    C:\System Volume Information\{0b06c442-f5ef-11e0-b16f-0024e8294a9c}{3808876b-c176-4e48-b7ae-04
    • "Infected files: 1171
    • Total files: 1672945
    • Total folders: 96917
    • Total size: 3.3 TB”

Re: Rootkit detected by Avast Antivirus

I am having the same setback. A Total over 1100+ Files but no String such as C:\.....\....\..... For TheRootkit Files. I Read About Rootkit's And Says A Total Security Breach Has Begun On My System. Avast Recommended A 'Delete" For ALL Files, I Tried That And Said File Could NOT Be Found. I did a Scan again and got The Same Results. And then Again Avast declared might Not Delete File Specified Not Found. I Rebooted And Scanned And There Were NO Threats Detected.

However Scan Usually Starts Out "Enumerating Registery" Etc And Then Scans. NOW It STARTS at C:\windows\system32\lsm.exe And Continues From That Point Which I Believe Is Not Where It Usually Starts, I Could Be Wrong. Moreover I Have 2 Internal HDA's (1x 1TB, 1X 2TB) External Drives 5X 1TB Passports, and 1X 500GB Passport 7 Logical Drives And 6 Physical Drives (Recovery Partition On Root Drive C:\ Is D:\.

It would be ideal if you download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware then:

• -Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    • -Verify a checkmark is put following to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch-Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    • -Since an update is found, it will download and establish the last form.
    • -Once the project has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", and then click Scan.
    • - scan may take some time to finish, so please try to remain patient.
    • -When the sweep is finish, click OK, then Show Results to see the effects.
    • -Verify that every little item is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • -When disinfection is finished, a log will open in Notepad and you might be aroused to Restart.(See Extra Note)
    • -The log is mechanically safeguarded by MBAM and might be seen by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
    • -Copy & Paste the whole report in your following answer.

In the event that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware contacts an index that is troublesome to remove, you should be put forth with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM continue with the sterilization course of action, if inquired restart the PC, please do so instantly.

I utilized Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and It Said All Was Ok .No Infections Anywhere when that I am Scanning C:\, D:\, Z:\ Right Now ( Z:\ = 2TB Internal Drive) 83% Done. It will Give You The Log Report when done.

I Was Running A Custom Scan. It was a through Scan whatsoever. The Highest Levels was with AVG Progam Version 6.0.1289, Virus Def Versions 111024-2. I Couldn't Find the Files Anywhere Looked under Users\wildwizard\documents\ and Could Not Find The txt File for either of the Files, So I Copied and Pasted into Notepad.

When I got the over 1100 blunders I did not have both antivirus programs loaded just avast 6.1.zzz. I introduced and ran AVG as a final resort and utilized the OLE programming logs are appended Running the Microsoft from the CD I made as I was told to do, brisk sweep was good. Now running a consistent output for the final Few hours I’m at 3,220,000 documents now dk but attempted to UPGRADE from vista h/p 64 cycle to win 7 h/p 64bit and got bsod twice and fell flat install. It rolled back to win vista so no information misfortune.

The Drive and Had 7 Viruses on It! Right After the "Fresh Install" Trojan Horse Generic22.CSD Virus Found Win/32/Cryptor C:\ Documents and Settings\wildwizard\local settings\temp\Pdo.exe. Virus Found Win/32/Cryptor Same But Pd2.exe, Pd3.exe, Pd4.exe, Pd5.exe, Pd6.exe 2X Corrupted Files In IE5\xxxxxxxxx, And Generic22.CDS System VolumeInformation\_restore A0000871.exe.

I suggest running a free Super Antispyware scan. It's a free program, plus does it's job quite smoothly. Turn off the Windows system restore function and scan your system one more time in safe mode. Scan all the memory files and registry - it's obligatory, (of course, you should know it by now).
    I would also suggest running a Hijack this tool. Very efficient, though requires some advanced skills. You can all find it all in Google.