Thread: Quarantine feature not working properly in ClamWin Free Antivirus

Quarantine feature not working properly in ClamWin Free Antivirus

I am using clam win form a long time and I have done a scan some hours ago and it has detected some malware but then I have found that the new malware and the infection have been moved to the quarantine but then I think all the infection were not moved to the quarantine as it stated that some of the malware were already in the quarantine and I have also found that there were some infection in the quarantine that I had never seen in the scan result. I think that there is something wrong with the quarantine I mean that the Quarantine feature is not working properly in ClamWin Free Antivirus. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated

Re: Quarantine feature not working properly in ClamWin Free Antivirus

I will suggest you to perform a complete and thorough scan and exclude the quarantine folder from ClamWin scans and in order to d this just go in to the configuration and then go in to the filters then click on the square in the left pane and then select new item and then insert C:\ProgramData\.clamwin\quarantine and save it .This process is used to find the location of the quarantine folder. As far as I am aware some of the antivriruses just disable the files while they put them in the quarantine folder but clam win inserts "infected" with some kind of extension but I am not sure about what type of extension and even if you delete it they can run and cause damage. Just check it out and see if that’s the case and let me know if it helps.

I will suggest you to download AVG security product and then install it and then run a complete scan to remove the infections if there are any you can also get a free version of the Malwarebytes and then try to run a complete scan but if they are not helping than I will suggest you to try running the scan In the safemode and check if that is making any difference. Just check it out and see if they are helping you out or not if not then let me know so I could help you with some other suggestion. Best of luck.

I will suggest you to download AVG security product and then install it and then run a complete scan to remove the infections if there are any you can also get a free version of the Malwarebytes and then try to run a complete scan but if they are not helping than I will suggest you to try running the scan In the safemode and check if that is making any difference. Just check it out and see if they are helping you out or not if not then let me know so I could help you with some other suggestion. Best of luck.

Hey thanks for your solution I think that the my ClamWin Free Antivirus itself was infected and that is why it was doing so but then I uninstalled it and then installed AVG and then made a complete scan and there were a no of infections found I think that the ClamWin was not actually scanning my computer properly but it was just showing that it is scanning and it was even displaying the scan result which was weird but then after getting the AVG I have solved the problem. I am really thankful to you for your solution.