Thread: Cant switch back to normal browser from safezone browser of avast antivirus

Cant switch back to normal browser from safezone browser of avast antivirus

I have been using the avast from last month and today I tried to get in to the safezone browser of the avast and check it out but then now I am not able to go back to the desktop page I mean I am not getting a way to go back. Is there anyone who has used the safezone and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: Cant switch back to normal browser from safezone browser of avast antivirus

First of all I will like to know that which method have you used to enter the safe zone because as far as I remember there are three methods to enter it and they are as followed:

• Right clicking on the avast system tray icon and then clicking on the Switch to SafeZone.
    • Double clicking on the avast icon and then going in to the 'ADDITIONAL PROTECTION' and then selecting the safe zone and then clicking on the switch to safe zone.
    • Clicking on the middle symbol of the avast gadget and then entering the safe zone.

Before I suggest you anything I will like to have an answer for the following question in order to understand you actual problem:
    • Operating system that you are using?
    • Other security program that you are using with the avast?
    • Which firewall or Anti Spyware Protection you are using?
    • Which was the antivirus that you were using before the avast?

I has used the very used the very first method that is specified above in order to go in to the safezone and currently I am using windows 7 and I am not using any other security program other than this and I don’t have much idea about the firewall I am using and previously I was using the avg free but after getting avast I had uninstalled it form my computer I don’t know what has driven me to this problem I mean I was able to enter the safe zone successfully and now I am not getting any way to get back out of my desktop page. I have by now tried all the possible solution that I could have tried but then none of them is helping I really don’t have any idea about what to do next.

Even I am using avast and I am able to get in the safezone and I am also able to get back to the desktop page I mean you just have to click on the switch back button to go back to the desktop page.

That’s what the problem I am having I am not getting that icon that you have showed in the above picture and now I think that there is something seriously wrong I mean that I was thinking that there is some other way of switching back to the desktop page but now after seeing the above picture where there is such a simple way of getting back to the desktop page. I really don’t know why this switch back icon is missing from my safezone I mean is there any settings view setting that you might have change before entering the safezone or any other setting that you remember?? Any further help will be appreciated.

I think that you might have installed a TRIAL edition rather than getting the FREE edition of it so if that’s the case then I will suggest you to download the FREE version of it and as far as I remember it is the Avast FREE 6.0.1289 and you can download it from the avast site but before getting it just make sure that you uninstall the current one that you are using and then Reboot into the Windows Safe Mode or you can also first go in to the safemode and then use the removal tool in order to uninstall the current version of the avast that you are using and then go in to the Normal Mode and then download the new FREE edition of Avast and then install it and after installing it reboot your machine and then do a complete scan and then try to go in to the safezone and then check if you are getting the switchback icon. Just check it out and then let me know if your problem is solved.

Hey thanks for your solution it really worked out for me what I did is I just turned off the computer and then started it again and then entered the safemode and as I was having the removal tool I used it for uninstalling the trial version and followed the further step that you have specified and now then after installing it when I entered the safezone then I was able to see the switchback icon and was able to go to the desktop page as well without any problem but one thing that I wanted to ask you is that why is this so with the trail version I mean do you have an idea about this??