Thread: Getting error code 2878 while installing Eset ess v5

Getting error code 2878 while installing Eset ess v5

I got a ESS v5 setup from my friend and it was in a hard disk and then when I tried to install it on my computer then it said “the installer has encountered an unexpected error” and I remember the error properly and it was error code 2878 so I just ignored it and then I tried to install it again from the eset website but now I am again getting the same error. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Getting error code 2878 while installing Eset ess v5

I got a ESS v5 setup from my friend and it was in a hard disk and then when I tried to install it on my computer then it said “the installer has encountered an unexpected error” and I remember the error properly and it was error code 2878 so I just ignored it and then I tried to install it again from the eset website but now I am again getting the same error. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you anything I just want to ask you some questions so I can understand your problem better:
    1. Had you uninstalled the ESS v5 from your computer before you tried making a fresh installation of it from the eset website?
    2. Which antivirus were you using before?

I had just switched to kaspersky recently and it has been just two month till today but then I was actually using the eset smart security 4 but then after uninstalling the eset smart security 4 when iwas trying to install the kaspersky then I was getting message saying that the eset was already installed an I am sure that I had uninstalled it but then I again tried to reinstall it using eset uninstaller. I have used the same eset uninstaller to uninstall ESS v5 but then when I am trying to install it from the eset website then I am getting error code 2878. Any further help will be appreciated.

Just try doing the following steps and then see if it is making any difference:
    • Run the installer for Kaspersky.
    • Uninstall it from the safe mode using the eset uninstaller.
    • Reboot your machine.
    • Run the installer for ESET ess V5.
    • Uninstall it from the safe mode using the eset uninstaller
    • Reboot your machine again and then reinstall ESET ess V5.

Just try doing the following steps and then see if it is making any difference:

* Run the installer for Kaspersky.
    * Uninstall it from the safe mode using the eset uninstaller.
    * Reboot your machine.
    * Run the installer for ESET ess V5.
    * Uninstall it from the safe mode using the eset uninstaller
    * Reboot your machine again and then reinstall ESET ess V5.
    I have tried doing the same in fact I have done the same for a couple of times but then they are not making any difference and I am still getting the same error again and again. I am really running out of ideas now and I really don’t know what to so I really need a effective solution to get it installed rather than just uninstalling and then reinstalling it again because I am just tired of doing that. Any further help for this will be appreciated.

Hey even I was having the same problem and I was trying the same, uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again and even though I was using the eset uninstaller it was not making any difference but then I was able to solve it by cc cleaner and then just and then just deleting all the invalid registry entries using it. I think that you are having the same case so I think that the cc cleaner will definitely sort it out. If you don’t have a cc cleaner than just download it and then install it and after running it you will be able to delete the invalid registry and then you won’t have any such errors occurring during the installation. Just try it out it really works. Best of luck.

Hey thanks for your solution I wish if I could have tried the same earlier but then I am happy that I have finally sorted it out by using the cc cleaner, I was not aware that there might be some kind of invalid registry and the same might be the cause of it.I really appreciate all of you for your help and thanks once again for this.

Hi guys, I also keep getting the 2878 error when I try to install ESET Smart Security 5...I have a new laptop so there wasn't any anti-virus software before, and I've also tried the CC Cleaner and Wise Register Cleaner but nothing changed...Would anyone help me? Replies would be appreciated.

Fix that worked for me. Download and install NOD32 v4 demo version. Then install version 5. It will give you an error during the install telling you what conflicting program is there (norton in my case, Yes I had run the norton removal tool, removed the directory, run ccleaner, gotten rid of non-present devices) and you can tell it to ignore it. Good hunting

ThumbsUp Re: Getting error code 2878 while installing Eset ess v5

Quote Originally Posted by Haimi-32 View Post
    Hey even I was having the same problem and I was trying the same, uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again and even though I was using the eset uninstaller it was not making any difference but then I was able to solve it by cc cleaner and then just and then just deleting all the invalid registry entries using it. I think that you are having the same case so I think that the cc cleaner will definitely sort it out. If you don’t have a cc cleaner than just download it and then install it and after running it you will be able to delete the invalid registry and then you won’t have any such errors occurring during the installation. Just try it out it really works. Best of luck.
    the solution you proposed,it did work. thanks. you are awesome.