Thread: Unable to renew Avast 6 Antivirus

Unable to renew Avast 6 Antivirus

HI, i have installed avast 6 antivirus in my machine but don’t know having problem with the renewing the free copy of the antivirus software. Thus I though it would be because of the free version that I had installed and that’s why I brought up the Avast UI but still it said it was expired thus I used the renew button, and I got the typical dialog presenting me a choice of the free version or the paid version. I preferred the free version and nothing happened as I have chosen it several times.

Any idea what could be the problem over here? How can I get rid out of it or can I make use of another antivirus? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

re: Unable to renew Avast 6 Antivirus

as you have mentioned that you are using free copy of the antivirus, thus I think that’s the only reason that you are having problem with renewing the antivirus, because as the extent to I know we must have to buy the product first in order to renew it. See the copy that you are having currently installed in the machine is simply a trial version thus intended to use for some specified days.

And another thing that made me wonder is like are you satisfied with the product, because if not then I would say you should get another one but if you are quite satisfied with the performance then you should get the paid version because with that version you’ll get too many other benefits with the antivirus. You can have all the updates for free and many more advantages.

I am agree with the above user but still I don’t there is any way rather than reinstalling the software, and that’s isn’t any guarantee as well that the software will run again.

That is also a good option to choose any other antivirus, in fact I was about to suggest you the same thing because I am quite aware about the services provided by the avast, it is awful really. In fact since I am using AVG, everything in my machine works fine in other words the way I have expected. So I hope you must be aware about my recommendation. I would say if you just wanted to try then you can have that option as well. You can simply download the trial version first and then after some specified period if you like the performance you can either buy it or simply use another one.

I have noticed this problem with many users and when I was testing the same thing I came to know that it is just because of the browser as you are getting inactivity of the Free button. I have tested that using firefox 5.0.1 and it redirected to the download link without trouble. Thus I would like to recommend you that thing as well like you should try to renew the product with another browser, I think as the services is available through the 5.0 version so all other later version will also provide the same thing. In addition, Mind you I apparently wasn't doing this through the avastUI as my version is still in date. I just used the link they provided to the download.

though, I don't consider that is intended to happen if it is expired, I also can't give details why the Registration window doesn't pop-up while you click the Register push button. I don't know if the off-line Registration function would work as it should link to a web page, finished the form and an email would be delivered.

though I am agree with the above user but still if suppose you are still getting some sort of problem then I would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the LINK I have mentioned and you can register your free product from here.

Re: Unable to renew Avast 6 Antivirus

Hey thanks for the suggestion as I have visited the website that you have mentioned but Haven't received any answer yet, but it says it can take up to 24 hours but I think it will surely take more than that.