Thread: BSOD with aswSnx.sys

BSOD with aswSnx.sys

Hi, I have installed windows 7 64bit in my machine but having problem with it as I have mentioned in the title. The process “aswSnx.sys” is causing this error actually, but I am not getting what is this process, why it is causing this BSOD with the windows?

Apart from this let me tell you as I have installed avast! Free 6.0.1289 antivirus in machine so do this could be the reason for causing this BSOD problem? When I was searching about the process, I came to know that the process belongs to this antivirus only, or am I wrong?

Re: BSOD with aswSnx.sys

I don’t know whether the problem that you have mentioned is because of the antivirus that you have installed but still the very first thing that I would like to suggest you is like you should install the latest version of avast so that If it is a problem in avast!, it might be previously fixed there.

just follow the steps as I have mentioned below !

Please, go to folder \windows\minidump and send the newest (recent) .mdmp files for analysis. And if you didn’t get file over there you can navigate to C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file as well.

And apart from this it would be better if you can add some information about the BSOD and the link for this topic in a readme.txt file, compress (zip) together the readme.txt and the Memory.dmp, rename it with any exclusive name and then upload it here as well as to the avast’s official website.

I have already put the dumped file as you have mentioned, please let me know what could the reason causing this problem?

I have seen your dumped file and other log files and after seeing that I came to know that the BSOD wasn't caused by aswSnx.sys driver, how you came to know about it? Because after seeing the whole thing I came to know that your computer crashed just because of network drivers that you must have installed in the machine, thus it would be better if you just get it reinstalled and then see whether the same thing is happening or not.

And as far as my personal recommendation is concern I would always suggest all guys to not to install the same driver that they were using in their machine previously instead they can download the latest drivers from the official website of the manufacturer.