Thread: Will we see Avast free and premium version for Mac

Will we see Avast free and premium version for Mac

I have heard that recently the Symantec has released their rewarded versions of security tools for Mac. So what I am thinking is when will mac get a Free Avast?

Do you think that we are gonna see a premium edition for MAC in the near future?

Re: Will we see Avast free and premium version for Mac

avast! Antivirus Mac version defends your Apple PC from viruses as well as additional malicious software. The program offers all basic functions of the free Windows version of Avast! Free Anti-Virus 5 and accesses with the same anti-virus database. avast! Antivirus Mac Edition went to work in the test quickly consumed and thereby encouraging a few resources. Whether such a Mac virus protection is really needed, however, uncertain. Since the Mac version as opposed to the Windows version is not free, to offer free competitor to.

Owners of Apple's OS producer Mac was quiet until recently as there were no major threats in their environment, until now. MacDefender virus creators, who pretended to be a free antivirus for Mac, launched an enhanced version called Mac Guard.

I will not enter into the debate of the antivirus for Mac, at the time recommended it in a post some of the antivirus available for Mac, it is true that virtually none, but there have been some cases of the virus on the Mac, such as the copies iWork. Today I would add to that list Avast, PC in my past I worked really well. Avast is a free for 60 days to protect your Mac you can download from official site. Although you can install evaluation and see if you have a virus on a Mac

On the one hand, it is annoying that the topic is growing viruses on the Mac. On the other hand, I think it's good that now slowly the "known" companies want to do something about it on the Mac and want to settle. So you have to protect at least the chance of his Mac before it's too late.

Yeah, it's that a system is widespread and is suitable for mass production, then come out and the people who try to attack the system. Although Mac OS X Unix-like substructure due to the slightly more difficult to attack than Windows, there are already pests. And where pests occur, there are companies that want to do something about it. Also Avast, which most certainly because of their really good (and in the home version free) Windows edition of Avast know. Just throw those have Avast Anti Virus for Mac OS on the market. Still beta. Called Avast Free Antivirus for Mac. In addition to complete system scans can also network folder, external drives and individual files are checked.

While much has been rarely used the term "malware", "virus" or "phishing" on MacWorld, currently, in the case of Mac Defender, Avast! announces the timely arrival of the free version of its antivirus in a Mac version. This is currently a beta, but the software (which could overshadow the charge Avast Antivirus Mac Edition) already offers three areas of protection are the files, e-mail and the Web. To try this beta, you must be equipped with an Intel Mac under Leopard at least.

Those who have used Avast! Windows ever agreed with me that this is one of the best out there and not just because it is free, but also because they have a low consumption of resources, has a constantly updated library of virus that makes him effective of the most recent threats that may exist for our team.

Fortunately, the latest Mac version retains all the features of its big sister to Windows, but that if properly developed and adapted to the operating system Mac OS X, so that the user interface is extremely friendly.

Note that Avast for Mac is currently in beta development so it is possible that has some problems of stability, but is quite functional if we are looking for an antivirus for Mac

I made the mistake of installing Avast on my mac. I had the same worries that some of avast can not close and therefore not being able to turn off my mac. I tried also uninstalling avast but it does not work either. So, I reset the computer and since he does not want to start it gets stuck on the gray background with the apple and loading continues but never goes away.

You probably Avast started at boot your Mac. To remove this: Apple Menu> System Preferences> Accounts> tab "Open". If Avast is started at boot or at the beginning of your session, it must be in the list, you select it and you click on the [-] button at the bottom of the window.