Thread: How to set up Netgear WNCE2001 with DirecTV HD DVR

How to set up Netgear WNCE2001 with DirecTV HD DVR

I'm trying to hook-up my Directv HD Dvr to my wireless network for On Demand services. I already work on Macbook pro and want to connect to the internet. Then I try to do this task but it gives problem. here I use the Netgear WNCE2001 as a wireless wifi adaptor. Then please help me to fix this issue. thanks in advance for solving this connection issue.

Re: How to set up Netgear WNCE2001 with DirecTV HD DVR

You need to setup static IP on your Directv HD Dvr. Then it will be work to make connection properly. You need to configure HD DVR with IP address of 192.168.1.3 and Subnet 255.255.255.000. this is the static Ip address that work to easily make the connection within the wireless network devices and the laptop system. Then try to do this static IP address on your connection and locate the result on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sameer22 View Post
    You need to setup static IP on your Directv HD Dvr. Then it will be work to make connection properly. You need to configure HD DVR with IP address of 192.168.1.3 and Subnet 255.255.255.000. this is the static Ip address that work to easily make the connection within the wireless network devices and the laptop system. Then try to do this static IP address on your connection and locate the result on it.
    A static IP is assigned by your ISP to you permanently, and identifies your server to the world. Hence in this process you need to contact the Internet Service Provider for more information. This is necessary to fix such type of connection problem.

You can also use the different way to do this static IP address on this system. Hence you need to use such technique and check what happen onto it. the technique is to be as default configuration will have both Obtain an IP address automatically, and Obtain DNS server address automatically selected. Use such default configuration and check the static IP address result.

First thing you need to do is configure your wireless adapter using your PC and the software that came with adapter. This is necessary to fix such type of connection problem. Try this and check that it works or not. Network setting menu of Macbook pro laptop gives you the facility to make this configuration in best manner. Hence try this and check that it works or not.

You need to attach an Ethernet cable from router to Ethernet port no 1 on the back of the DirecTV HD DVR. DirecTV recommends the Linksys WGA600N or WET610N. you can use such router to connect this system to the laptop. Then you need to open menu->set up ->system set up ->network set up ->restore defaults ->connect now. This will be work to fix such type of connection onto it.

If you think that the problem is being related to the connectivity then you need to check that the cable you use is being Cat 5 or something else. This type of cable is used in structured cabling for computer networks such as Ethernet. If it is not cat 5 then you need to change it to the cat 5 cable. This will be suitable for your connection and it works to fix your connectivity type of problems.

Check Netgear WNCE2001 Wifi Internet Adapter manual. If you don't have it, download it from the Netgear web site. After getting this manual you need to read the troubleshooting section of this manual. It works to fix your connectivity problem.

Reason I say this is 54Mbps wireless equipment will struggle with high quality streams. Hence I think you need to try the firmware upgrade as well as the configuration setting on it. This will be work to fix your problem. Configuration setting is being work when the configuration done using the manual of the device. Hence try to get the manual of the wifi adaptor and then set configuration. It solves your problem.

You'll need to know the name and security details of your wireless network. This information works to solve the problem by just getting the security type of details. In that you need to disable the entire security program onto this connection. Normally the firewall type of the program works to make problem during the connection. Hence try to disable the firewall type of program. Then only it works to solve your problem.