Thread: Connecting Netgear Wnce2001 to internet

Connecting Netgear Wnce2001 to internet

i bought a wnce2001 universal internet adapter to connect my laptop with the web. For this connection I followed instructions and go the netgear site to enter the security codes. Then the process start and within process, it goes failure. My old Netgear WPN824 v2 doesn't have WPS and hence in this connection I never use WPS. I try much time but the problem is that if connection then also the browser looses connection. I need complete step by step process to fix this issue. Thanks for your answers in advance.

Re: Connecting Netgear Wnce2001 to internet

You need to check the LED of the wifi adaptor. This will be help to indicate that the problem is in the internet setting or the wifi connection. You need to check Wi-Fi connection indicator is green or not. If it is not green then the problem is in the wifi adaptor.

Also you need to make sure that the Ethernet connection indicator is green. If it is not green then there is somewhere connection is broken. In that case, you need to reestablish the connection. Reestablishment of the connection make an impact and in response the LED of this indicator is to be green which shows that the connection between adaptor and the laptop works well. It works most of the time and it never gives any kind of problem on your system.

You need to re-setup with PC and change the setting to 192.168.2.x IP. I suggest this thing because most of the time, IP address confliction happen with this type of connection. In wireless type of connectivity we need to properly adjust the wifi setting and mostly important IP address, DNS address and other related configuration. Hence try to do this task on your system and check that the wifi adaptor works to do this task or not.

You can also set the configuration of the connection to assign the IP address automatically. For doing this task, Go to Network connections->General tab-> Properties. In the property window open "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)". Then choose "Obtain an IP address automatically" option. Finally Click Save Changes. It works to make the connection with proper configuration.

Make sure the LAN LED of WNCE2001 is on. Make sure your Ethernet adapter is set to DHCP mode. When you enable DHCP on a network, you allow a Netgear WNCE2001 Wi-Fi Internet Adapter device to assign temporary IP addresses to your computers. Then in impact it will be assign the temporary with the unique IP address. This will be work in most of situation and hope that it works to fix your connectivity type of issue.

Sometimes the setup wizard flow stops when you run through setup wizard over IE6 and IE7. Hence you need to check the same connection on the different type of web browser. This will be work on your system and I hope that this is bug of the IE browser and not the wifi adaptor.

If you faced any problem with your previously established internet connection then you need to disable all the security programs onto this laptop system. Security program means firewall, antivirus and other type of application. This type of applications restricts the connecting to work in proper way. This type of security program checks information that comes from the Internet or from a network. You must be logged on as an administrator and then try to disable such type of security program.

If you faced any problem with your router on this connection then I suggest to you for change this router. Try another router and check that the same problem arrives or not. It would be work in your situation. If not then the best solution over is to be take help of the official site expert person. Expert has knowledge about such type of connectivity. I think expert provide you the step by step process to fix this connection issue. try this process and check the result on your system.