Thread: Unable to Connect Xbox 360 on Netgear WNCE2001

Unable to Connect Xbox 360 on Netgear WNCE2001

Recently I buy new Netgear WNCE2001 Wi-Fi Internet Adapter and Xbox 360 gaming console. I need this Xbox 360 for online gaming purpose. I try to do the connection between this devices but it gives error message. In that error message is “Your network does not have a sufficient MTU setting. Xbox LIVE requires a minimum MTU setting of 1364.” I need the process that works to avoid this error message at the time of accessing internet connection. Then please help me to do this connection. Thanks.

Re: Unable to Connect Xbox 360 on Netgear WNCE2001

MTU value is in routers WAN setting and you need to set this setting properly for the connection purpose. Then only you can get the proper result on your system. Try to do this router setting establishment task. I hope that after making this setting you got correct result onto your system.

You need to check green Wi-Fi connection indicator light. If there is no green light on it then meaning of this is Wireless network adapter does not work correctly. In that case, you need to configure your wireless settings onto this adaptor. After configuring this setting, this will be make connection to the Xbox 360 and then the result will be different.

Use below process to fix this connection issue:
    • Open My Xbox on your Xbox gaming console, and choose System Settings menu.
    • Pick Network Settings option onto this menu.
    • Decide on the name of your wireless network. Here you need to select the Netgear WNCE2001.
    • Put wireless network password.
    • Finally pick YES button.

This process work to fix your connection problem.

You need to edit the MTU on WNDR3700 and edit on WAN Firewall. You can take help of the adaptor manual. After finishing this edit task you get the correct result onto your system. Then Netgear WNCE2001 will be able to make connection with the Xbox 360. After that you can play video game without facing any problem.

There are two available options you can use in installing the device, using the WPS and without WPS. With an existing system the installation of wifi adaptor is much easier while in new installation the connection takes more time. If you try to build new connection then you need to check all the setting of the wifi adaptor as well as the Xbox 360. Then only you got connectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaF View Post
    There are two available options you can use in installing the device, using the WPS and without WPS. With an existing system the installation of wifi adaptor is much easier while in new installation the connection takes more time. If you try to build new connection then you need to check all the setting of the wifi adaptor as well as the Xbox 360. Then only you got connectivity.
    As per the point mentioned on above post if your wireless router doesn’t support the WPS feature, you can also install it physically by the connecting to the computer for the setting up. Also you need to avoid long stringing cables. Then only you can see that the Netgear WNCE2001 help to access internet on the Xbox console.

Universal WiFi Internet Adapter WNCE2001 Installation present on the manual. You need to take such type of help. The manual will be provide you all the guidance of how to make the connection between this Xbox 360 and the wireless adaptor. The same type of help can be also provided by the official site expert person. Use such guidance and apply respective process onto this system.