Thread: Netgear WNCE2001 with wired Ethernet device in Ad Hoc mode

Netgear WNCE2001 with wired Ethernet device in Ad Hoc mode

I can get the wifi and use it for my laptop/computer but have been having trouble keeping it stable. I try this connection for connect a wireless laptop directly to a wired Ethernet device in Ad Hoc (peer to peer) mode. The main thing on this connection is that it will never use router for connectivity purpose. The problem is that this connection not works after few time slots. I need some advice that solves this issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Netgear WNCE2001 with wired Ethernet device in Ad Hoc mode

The most common home network is wireless network which allows you to connect computer to the network wireless. If you facing some problem onto your system then try following process to detect that problem is in wifi adaptor or not. You need to use ping command on your command prompt of laptop. If you accept Reply, the wifi adapter workings fine otherwise you receive “Request timed out” message. The meaning of this is the wireless adapter connection doesn’t work continuously.

In this ping command there is necessary to know the IP address of the system that you use for connectivity purpose. But you can do this connection checking task without using the IP address. The command for that task is ipconfig. Try this type of command and check that the continuous signal arrives throw this adaptor or not.

Quote Originally Posted by shetty View Post
    The most common home network is wireless network which allows you to connect computer to the network wireless. If you facing some problem onto your system then try following process to detect that problem is in wifi adaptor or not. You need to use ping command on your command prompt of laptop. If you accept Reply, the wifi adapter workings fine otherwise you receive “Request timed out” message. The meaning of this is the wireless adapter connection doesn’t work continuously.
    This process has been work well to detect that the actual problem is in the wifi adaptor or the connected laptop or wired Ethernet device. If the problem is in the wifi adaptor then you need to check the setting of this adaptor. If you found something else part on it then tries to set the setting onto the default point of view. This process will be help to make an impact on wifi adaptor.

If you faced any type of connection time out type of message on this command prompt then try to make sure that your connection on wifi adaptor configured properly with correct LAN IP, subnet mask, DHCP and other network settings. Sometimes the problem can be caused by the faulty router firmware. Then reconfigure the adaptor and try to connect again. Hope this time it makes continuous connection.

Netgear WNCE2001 universal WiFi Internet adapter allows you to connect network device with Ethernet port to Wi-Fi network easily. If you have not tried to used the wireless router, then this device will not work for you. The reason behind that is manufacturer of this device makes this device for wifi connectivity and not the wired connectivity. I don’t think so it works well on your system.

Operating in ad-hoc mode allows all wireless devices within range of each other to discover and communicate in peer-to-peer fashion. Hence I think this connection work onto this system. Then for doing this connectivity we need to configure such Wi-Fi network adapter to run in ad hoc mode. Hence try to configure your wifi network using proper setting and locate the result.

Remember one thing at the time of configuring your wifi adaptor in ad hoc mode; be aware of several security issues and performance limitations of ad hoc Wi-Fi networks. There is necessary to disable all the firewall or antivirus type of security program onto this laptop. Then only you got the correct result.

The most common sources of trouble in ad hoc mode networking are incorrect configuration and insufficient signal strength. Hence my first recommendation is to be use the help of the manual and then configure your network devices in well manner. There is also necessary to configure the network setting onto the laptop. Then only you got the correct result. Otherwise same type of problem arrives onto it.

Ad hoc networks also work well as a temporary fallback mechanism if normally-available infrastructure mode gears stop functioning. In addition, all wireless adapters on the ad-hoc network have to apply similar SSID and identical channel number. Hence I suggest using this type of facility onto your network and checking the trouble is arrived or not.

Ad hoc mode enables you to quickly set up a small wireless workgroup. Several other facility also being present onto this mode and they are it allows workgroup members to switch data as supported by networking in the different Windows OS. Hence I think there is some collision happen with the networking setting of the wireless connectivity of laptop. You need to take advice of the network engineer and then follow the instructions to fix this connectivity issue. This will be fix your request time out type of problem.