Thread: FreeAgent Theater is not able Access Files after OS X Lion Upgrade in BlackArmor NAS

FreeAgent Theater is not able Access Files after OS X Lion Upgrade in BlackArmor NAS

I have recently upgraded to Mac OS X Lion and the problem now I am facing is that I am not able to connect to my MacBook Pro using the FreeAgent Theater via network option .I never had this problem before so I think that the problem has arise after upgrading to the Mac OS X Lion .I have tried getting in a folder but then it prompted me logon screen and after I entered the username and password it said "Logon fail." Even though I am entering the right details .I don’t know what is wrong with it. Is there who has faced any such problem and has an idea about the same? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: FreeAgent Theater is not able Access Files after OS X Lion Upgrade in BlackArmor NAS

I have come across these problems a no of time in some forums and have found that this problem is found to be occurring when someone has installed a new version of anti-virus program or have upgraded their os. I think that doing all this is somehow changing the security settings. I don’t have much idea about the Lion as it is very new but then I will suggest you to go through the security setting and then check if the new installation have changed some setting or restrictions in it .As far as I know the shared folders should be set to read/write to everyone in order to make the FAT+ to work for every user.

Re: FreeAgent Theater is not able Access Files after OS X Lion Upgrade in BlackArmor NAS

Yes you can very well try to change the security settings and you can give read/write access to all my shared files but then if you are still having the same problem than I will like to inform you that there are some more security setting which directly affect the ability of other computers in order to access the shared folders and the read/write access controls settings is only of the parameter of the security so you might even have to check the settings which are related to the "anonymous" or "guest" users. Just check it out and see if it helps.

I have been facing the same problem and I have tried changing the access controls on the folders and I have also tried switching the AFP and the SMB options by switching then on and off which was in System Pref> "Sharing" .I have also tried to check by enabling and disabling the firewall and finally I have tried to remove the Home folder itself but then nothing seem to have helped by now. I am not able to understand that when the FAT+ is recognizing the folder and at the initial login then why it prompts me for another login later when I am trying to view the files.

I am having the same kind of problem I previously had a computer which was connected to the FAT+ from a long time and I had never faced such solution with it but after I have switched to the mac mini with lion I am facing the same problem because of which I am not able to login to the shared folders even though I am able to view the folders .I don’t think that there is something wrong with the security system but there might be something else which is not causing this problem but then I have not yet found a solution for it.

This problem has been raised by a no people and there is one thing common that most of them have faced this problem after upgrade to Lion which is actually not the main cause and it is due to removing the samba in Lion and the solution that I have found for this is adding Samba 3 to Lion so you can just try that out and if that does not help than I will suggest you to run a virtual machine of XP or something and then try to share the files and folder through it and I think that the other have to install Mac drive to mount the Mac formatted HDDs. Hope that helps.