Thread: Connecting to WLAN with hidden SSID doesn't work in Windows 8

Connecting to WLAN with hidden SSID doesn't work in Windows 8

I use Samsung slate in last six month and now I install windows 8 onto this device. The problem is that when I try to connect my WLAN with hidden SSID then it gives connectivity problem. I need complete step by step solution that works to fix this complicated issue. Hence please help me to do this task on my system. Thanks for any valuable reply.

Re: Connecting to WLAN with hidden SSID doesn't work in Windows 8

System requirements for Windows 8 are as follows:
    • CPU: - 1 gigahertz or faster 32-bit or 64-bit
    • RAM: - 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
    • Hard disk space: - 16 GB available (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    • Graphics device driver: - DirectX 9 with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    • Multi-touch screen

If your system provides the entire requirement then only all the functionality of the windows 8 will be work onto this system including the WLAN connection. Hence I think you need to check the entire system requirement and if your systems fulfill this entire requirement then try to establish the connectivity with the hidden SSID.

For doing the connectivity you need to follow the below process that works to do this task:
    1. You need to recognize all the identification and connection details of the hidden wireless.
    2. Open Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
    3. Select 'Set up a new connection or network'.
    4. Then you need to choose 'Manually connect to a wireless network' option from available options and select Next button.
    5. Fill all the fields shown in 'Manually connect to a wireless network' window.
    6. After that click on Next button and you will notice successfully added the wireless network to your windows 8 PC message.

Then you can access this wireless connection with the hidden SSID device.

If you are having difficulty connecting to a wireless network, first make sure if you go behind the accurate steps decorated in the above post. If not then you need to do the proper steps that mentioned on the above sections. Try this and see what happen onto it. if you facing any problem then you can take help of the manual.

For troubleshooting, use the Internet Connections troubleshooting wizard. It will guide you the complete details about this connectivity. In list of Network and Internet troubleshooting wizards, select Internet Connections. Then you can use the Apply repairs automatically option and this will be detecting whatever the problem of your system. Then in response it will be fix the actual problem onto this connection. Then use this help and see what happen onto it.

First, check the easy part your own computer’s firewall. Sometimes it will be possibility that the computer security program such as firewall will be restrict you to use such connections. In that case, I suggest to you for disable the connection and locate the result onto it. I am sure that this will be work for solving your connectivity problem.

You need to also check the wireless connectivity driver of the system. If the driver not working properly then you need to reinstall this wireless driver and see that it will be helpful to make connection with hidden SSID or not. If not then reinstall supported driver onto it. it fixes your connectivity problem.

You can also use the below process to fix this connectivity problem. the steps is as follows:
    • Open Wi-fi configuration under settings and insert a Wi-Fi network.
    • Then put SSID and WEP key and Save it.
    • Wait for SSID to display in list of Wi-Fi Networks.
    • SSID ultimately display "Remembered, Secured with WEP"
    • Select SSID, and hit "connect" option.

This will be help to fix your connectivity problem.

If you have problems with a wireless network which worked in the past, then in that case use the reset system setting for solving your complicated problem. Try to do this reset setting task and see what happen onto such connectivity. In that cases, previously installed connection setting will be restore automatically and it helpful to your for solving this connection problem.

When the wireless connection you have trouble connecting to hidden SSID then try to fix this issue using the manual connection. If you have problem with this connection, find out that the laptop will show the connection or not. If not then try to enable the connection using the router connection. Try to switch on the router and see that it will be effective to your system connection or not. This is the basic way that works to find out that the problem is in the router or not.

Usually, fixing a trouble like this is a subject of testing and mistake; you try and remove or modify actions once until impressive changes. For more information you can take the help of the official site expert person. They help to you for fixing your complicated issue. Try to access more information about this connectivity and fix such problem.