Thread: The arrangement of network

The arrangement of network

So I am new here it not to easy to me. If we do something wrong to here why should I came here I need to set up the net work in my house for the several computers and so I need to get some help for configuring a network and the first I need to keep in my mind that to find the router. Is there any one of you like to suggest? I should always at least 4 wired ports and it ability to turn off the wire port. So it doesn’t have to be super fast because the internet speed is 3 mega bits it not as faster but it is good and enough for the uses. And the second step for the network set up there is a four port in router and the 3 one will go to my wifi and the 4 one will run upstairs to a computer office. Is there any hub or a switch that I need to do superior way of doing this same type of thing?

Re: The arrangement of network

The deigns for the network is attractive solid; attractive standard setup. I've had actually superior luck with the Linksys products. Although D-link has a cute superior reputation as well. I would absolutely suggest to buying the button for your 4th connection you mention. If you can actually find a true hub I'd be shocked. I create one quite a few years ago and pulled out it up just to have one. Here's a good report of a true hub. The IEEE 802.1X is the protocol of attention that differentiates a hub from a switch

Appreciation I do for your help and suggestion on my network. I asked this problem mainly because yet though I work on computer and am attractive good at coding I hate networking (don’t be acquainted with why it now drives me crazy) Thanks for the advice on the Linksys and D-link brands.I have one question in lames terms can some explain to me what a button does and how its different from a router? And can someone recommend a good switch?

I have been to decide that how I am going to download my net worked. So here it is.At the center of my network is arrival to be the: D-Link and the use on the gamer lounge for the broadband with the gigabytes for the then the cable I decided on is 100ft of bulk cat5e solid core cable from amazons, then upstairs I am going to have a TREND net 5-Port Ethernet Switch (5 x 10/100Mbps Auto-MDIX RJ-45 Ports) TE100-S5 from amazons connecting two computers up there to the network.

The major differentiation between a 4-port hub and a 4-port switch is that 4 devices connected to a hub can all "attend to" each other. A switch has intelligence built into it so that only the two parties who want to talk can "hear".

When Computers A, B, C, & DPC -A needs to talk to PC - D; it sends out a message that says "I want to talk to PC - D, where are you?"PC B, C, & D all observe the meaning computer B and C will look at it and say "I'm not PC -D’ so I will not respond." Whereas computer D will say "I am computer D, here I am!" Computer A will then begin sending its data to computer D. This forces all talking computers to cease talking and attempt to resend the packet after a random timer expires