Thread: WNCE2001 is not finishing the installation Wizard successfully

WNCE2001 is not finishing the installation Wizard successfully

I am using a WNCE2001 and I am trying to initialize it from an hour but I am not able to do it. Actually I am not having a WPS AP to perform the method of initialization. I have actually tried pushing the WPS button and I have found that it does something as it flashes. I have also tried through the wizard but then after filling the country and the language details after saving it. It just gives me a blank screen. The WLAN light is not coming up and the wireless is not turning on as well. Is there anyone who has experienced the same and has an idea about the same? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: WNCE2001 is not finishing the installation Wizard successfully

As far as I know WPS setup needs a key to from the main router in order to put the interface of WNCE. Just try to perform the following steps
    • Ensure that the LAN LED of WNCE2001 is on.
    • Ensure that the Ethernet adapter is set to DHCP mode.
    • Try to re-open a new browser and input some site
    • Reboot the WNCE2001 and then again try to open the browser.
    • Try Resetting your device to factory defaults.

Even I have been facing the same and I have tried various steps as well but nothing seems to be helping. I have created a SSID but then I don’t know why it is not able to search it I am very sure that the SSID I have created exist but then it doesn’t show up and the WLAN light off after searching for it because of which the wizard is not able to be successful. I have also tried to go through the device/start.htm manually and I have found that it goes there but then gets back to the welcome.htm because of which I am not even able to upgrade it and I have experienced that when I am pressing stop on my browser sometimes than I am able view the screens and this makes me think that this is some kind of firmware issue. Any further help will be appreciated.

I am facing the same problem and I have tried a no of solution as well as the above solution but then I was not able to solve the problem by these solutions. I have also tried the factory reset and have used different computer as well but it did not worked with them as well. I have also noticed that when I am pressing the stop button then I am able to see the config pages in the browser and before getting back to the welcome.htm page. Later when I went through the statistics page it shows as if the wireless tx is increasing but then it actually does not catch even a single wireless packet and I don’t think that this is some king of firmware issue I think that the product itself is defected.

You can follow the below solution as it had really worked for me previously. What all you have to do is just Plug the USB power adapter having ethernet cable to the WNCE2001 and after the Power LED goes green just Open the browser to a url and then select the language and then click on next and then it will search for "available" wireless network with SSID name, Channel, Security type and Signal Strength and it will also have "manually input my wireless SSID" option in order to use the broadcasting of SSID after that Choose your SSID and then click on next and then click on next again after you get the phrase and then it will take some time and then it will come up with "You have successfully connected to wireless SSID NAME ".Hope that was helpful.

I have been experiencing the same and I have tried the smartwizard setup as well and what I have found is that when I am plugging it in to the wireless capable tv then too it is not working even though I have checked that my laptop was able to get a strong signal from my router. Later when I tried to reinstall the smart wizard then I am not able to pass through the #3="connect to existing network" even though I have tried it for a no of times. I am sure that there cannot be a range problem as I am using my laptop next to the D-link router and it is still not connecting to it. Any further suggestion will be appreciated.